Originally Posted By feets
Originally Posted By Sweet5ltr

To some, it's just another complex electronic to fail with no support on the road. My carb (CSU 750 blow-through) cranks on the first turnover (faster than my 15' SRT!!!) and idles, within 5-10 seconds you can drive it. On factory timing however, it's a joke, it takes twenty seconds to crank @ 18-20* while at 30-32* it cranks instantly. Ignition box retards it right back to 18* and it cruises like stock after.

You're fussing about complexity and still running a blow through carb?

I ditched the carb and built a port injection EFI intake for my TT440 more than 10 years ago.

It started on the first revolution of the motor in most cases. The drivability was MUCH better. Carbs can be made to work under boost but you're crutching it here or there. Go EFI and don't look back.

No, not at all. Was stating 'most people' consider aftermarket EFI too complex. Its very simple, if fitech was around a few years back then it would have been a no brainer for me. My carb runs great, and I actually drive my car (just drove 300 miles last weekend). I would love to test out the MPFI setup from them, I may in the future.

1969 Plymouth Road Runner (440 w/ Boost! RIP) now a low-deck 470 with hotchkis suspension, nascar boom tube exhaust, & big brakes.