Here is the issue. Our dragster has what can best be described as a "starter" motor in it. It is a 446 with 11-1 compression a set of ported -1's(350cfm nothing crazy) and a small roller in it on E85, also been on gas as well. It is actually the motor for my 68 D100.

Anyway we have been fighting an issue of not being able to get the motor up on the chip in the dragster. It simply wont come up cleanly. It has gotten better but has a weird issue. It will hang up at 3600ish and then climb to the chip RPM of 4600, to get this we have to bring the RPM up to 2200-2500 to get it this good. We have gotten it better with more timing but it is still there. Tried a different converter but no better. The only thing that has helped marginally is more timing. At this point it has more than Id like in it but also shows no signs of detonation yet. We are racing the car this week and just looking for suggestions. Car runs great once it leaves but it has been a pain to get it on the chip to leave.

So I am looking for suggestions> I still feel the converter is a large part of it as this thing makes little power. But it was never built to make a ton of power either. Was just built using stuff I had lying in the garage to get my kids feet wet. But this issue has me perplexed. FWIW it has gone 5.40 126 here in Vegas in a 1900lb dragster so far, so as you can see not a killer piece for sure. Wondering if maybe it is simply to much head flow as well??? Just kinda lost here and I don't like it smile

Last edited by Al_Alguire; 11/26/15 02:59 AM.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"