Swapped out the fan clutch and the running hot is fixed. Still has hesitation on acceleration but I've got the EGR capped off so it's running perfect. But I still want to find out why the EGR is too much or too soon or whatever the issue is. I have tested the EGR valve itself for operation with a vacuum pump and it makes the engine shutter when I apply vacuum directly to the EGR valve. The solenoid is working giving EGR only when it hit the gas. I'm getting 18-20 lbs after the transducer when I give it gas. Not sure what else to try. I noticed today that the back of the oil pan was covered in oil again. I noticed when I got the truck back not only was the timing off so bad it was backfiring it was also over full on oil. Oil is up over 1/2 in past full. Is that really enough to make a seal fail? I don't think it is and I'm hoping it's just the oil filter plate leaking again but Idk. I cleaned it all off and drove it around and don't see anything yet so I'll have to drive it more and maybe get some UV dye to figure that one out.

Last edited by Instigate; 06/06/15 06:35 AM.