Quote:

Quote:

I suggest you re-read the thread because what I said is that
Quote:

I did and this is what you said. So by your own words you said I will check it right now. So dont be to quick to tell me to re-read as I am only trying to help. I wont complain because the pay is so good.

Quote:

I tried blocking off the EGR before I did the rebuild but I'll try it again. I'll check the vacuum again. I assumed it was doing that because the timing was off but I shouldn't assume. I'll check it again right now.

I did and this is what you said. So by your own words you said I will check it right now. So dont be to quick to tell me to re-read as I am only trying to help. I wont complain because the pay is so good

I did say I would check it but I never posted back saying I did and mention the results. Anyways, "I could have told you so" doesn't really help. And I'm not convinced the EGR needs to be replaced. It works when vacuum is applied.

Quote:

Does your EGR assembly not look like this pic. If so where is the solenoid you talk about?

Yes, it does look like that. The solenoid is on the passenger side valve cover, with the other two solenoids(EGR,EVAP,and I forget the other one, Air Inj?). It's what controls the vacuum going to the EGR transducer and the transducer controls it also. There is no vacuum going the the transducer so that tells me there is something wrong with the solenoid. But There is no reason to replace a part that has not been deemed bad. That's the main problem I have with your suggestion. I don't mean to sound rude or unappreciative but I need help that is based in logic. Not just swapping a part because that's your guess.

Last edited by Instigate; 03/11/15 02:48 AM.