Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How are you setting ignition timing.?

I dont remember the applicable years but some of them require a DRB to set it and NOT a timing light

I'm setting it with a timing light. Let it get up to temp then unplug the CTS on the intake manifold and set it by adjusting the dist and using the timing light.

that's correct.

Though so.

TPS is good. It gradually reads from 1.5v-4v. Book says anything from .5v-1.5v up to 3.5v-4v. I also cleaned all the terminals and reapplied new dielectric grease. I suppose next I will hook up my fuel pressure gauge in a way that I can see it while I'm driving. The fuel pump was replaced right before my grandfather left the truck to me and only had about a year or so of driving on it. One thing I noticed was that when I tested the TPS while I was moving the throttle plates to WOT a mist of fuel vapor came rising up out of the intake. What's with that? Is that normal?

I took it for a test drive and it was still having the hesitation and felt like it was going to stall but it didn't. Seemed like the cleaning of the connectors might have made some small difference but maybe it has nothing to do with the cleaning. Was a very slight improvement.