Quote:

Yes but this one should just have the idle speed motor. It mounts to throttle body and actually controls the throttle lever. It can be ruled out by disconnecting the wire harness, then adjusting the idle speed up to where you could drive it around and see if it still surges etc.

I did that today before I went to my friend's shop. Didn't help.

Quote:

Ok so I will take a shot at this only because I have been fighting issues on my 92. Not the exact same thing but maybe something you will find beneficial.here are my thoughts.
You may have a sticky iac motor. They get carboned up and the plunger doesn't react quick enough thus causing Boggs and sometimes stumbles especially coming to a stop. I recently changed mine and was happy with the drivability improvement.
Several years ago I also experienced severe issues with the truck dying. Turned out to be a plenum gasket causing a vacumm leak. This made the computer richen the fuel up so much it would die.
There is a video on YouTube on how to test the plenum gasket using a vacumm gauge. When I found that test was negative, it lead my to changing the ďac on the throttle body.

It's a freshly rebuilt engine. The gasket isn't leaking.