Quote:

So it's a vacuum leak to atmosphere at the solenoid and not a vacuum leak past the solenoid opening the EGR?

Was thinking that But the solenoid tests good. I don't think there is a leak.I don't know why I wasn't getting a vacuum reading the first time but there is vacuum, a very steady 18hg before the transducer and vibrating between 20-15 after. EGR valve itself is functional and the valve and transducer was replaced before the rebuild. But what changed now is the truck wont even idle smooth anymore without the EGR blocked off. It was driving somewhat ok before and was just stumbling and very low acceleration but now it's garbage unless I cap off the EGR. I didn't change anything. I removed the solenoid and tested it, put it back. Tested the EGR for functionality, removed it and visually looked for functionality, put it back. Removed the all the solenoids and tested them and looked them over, put them back. No vacuum leaks anywhere. Checked for battery voltage at the solenoid and it is present. I don't see what changed. Why it wont idle smooth unless EGR is blocked off.

/It's been a while since I've had to test an EGR and I'm remembering that it's not suppose to have vacuum at idle right? Going to the EGR. Only when I pull the throttle cable right? So what's happening is the computer is giving EGR at idle for some reason. Or a wiring fault causing constant signal to the EGR solenoid.

Last edited by Instigate; 03/12/15 04:13 AM.