Originally Posted By dssaa
Just tried initial fire up on my 69 Charger with a 440. Nothing. It will not turn over with the key, but it does with a remote switch hooked the relay.
Is this a new cam breakin? If so you dont wanna do any cranking till you confirm everthing is dead on/ready to fire. 2 terminal (single) ballast resistor/4 pin ECU electronic conversion I am assuming. As said likely the NSS female terminal ain't being grounded at the other (trans) end. the male terminal on the starter relay that it plugs into will have "grn" in small letters next to it on the brown bakelite front cover flat face of the starter relay. You can permanently ground the male lug which will negate the safety feature & allow it to be cranked/started in any gear & holding the key to "crank" and doing Stumpys trick of moving the shifter lever from park to manual 1 & seeing if it will crank will (likely) confirm a misadjusted linkage/bad NSS switch on trans (might be wiring as you changed the harness). The yellow "ign" wire at the SR needs fire when the key is turned to "crank". either this yellow hot in wire or the NSS ground wire is keeping it from cranking. First I'd pull the yellow wire (moot point since it ain't cranking) & have a helper hold the key to "start and also try it in "run" and in both positions the blue/yellow hot in wire on the ECU pentastar connector and the coil positive primary terminal both need fire in run and in start. If good there go back to the starter relay & get it cranking. EDIT if this IS a new cam breakin I'd likely wanna confirm it is sparking from the coil wire WO cranking it. Holler when you can

Last edited by RapidRobert; 05/02/15 11:47 PM. Reason: thinking

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth