I view it as what it is, entertainment. I have watched "Moonshiners", I'm not building a still in the woods behind my house. Nor am I patrolling my property with my AR to make sure guys are not stealing my "Seng". Don't plan on moving to Alaska to build a cabin, nor am I selling my soul to go dig gold out of the ground. I like guns, have a lot. I don't watch "Justified" and then dream of going out and drawing down on guys. I also didn't join a biker gang after watching SOA, or those idiot bikers from Cali(Devils Ride). WE as car guys, relate to Street Outlaws, because WE are car guys and can relate to what these guys do, because WE have likely done the same. The majority of the shows viewership are NOT car people. You can obviously see that in the crowd when fans flock to see them at local tracks. Many have NEVER been to a racetrack before. Are you saying that after watching the show, the average viewer is going out and building a "street race car".......of course not. Those local guys talking about a "top 10" list........well, you can surely bet your azz, they are ALREADY racing. They may have gotten the "list" idea from the show, but to think that has MADE them go out and race, is in my eyes a stretch.

How many times you go to the local track for "Midnight Madness" and on the way out of the track, guys are hammering their cars, leaving blackmarks, or racing up the highway. I know here, I see it every time I go. In my opinion, this show increases the amount of illegal "street racing" no more than watching an NHRA or NASCAR race on TV. Guys who "street race" after watching that show were ALREADY doing it.

As far as "putting it on the track", Chief and Shawn both, are supposed to be in Memphis racing their cars in actual competition, at the upcoming race next month.