Quote:

Ah, well, just off the top of my head how about speed limits?

1) Since the road is being closed off for an event they may not apply.

2) The states have the right to set the speed limits as they see fit. Mind you on the interstate (a federal road) you can lose federal funding in some cases if you don't do as the feds advise.

Quote:

I also believe that street racing (acceleration contests?) is illegal in all 48 contiguous US states at the least.

Please provide the federal statute. You are the one making the claim, I'm not aware of any such statute.

Quote:

How about up there in Taxineticut?

"No person shall operate a motor vehicle upon any public highway for a wager or for any race or for the purpose of making a speed record."

Note it states PUBLIC HIGHWAY. If the road is not public (in example blocked off for an event) then the statute does not apply. Hell depending on what the state terms "a public highway" it might not apply to local roads under town jurisdiction.

Doesn't matter they can skin the cat anyway they want to- Speeding, reckless driving, etc.

Quote:

Again just because the LEO's are allowing it, that doesn't make it illegal.

The town officials are ALLOWING this to happen. You know permits and stuff. Filming a show like this doesn't happen in a vacuum.

Just like in RI law enforcement was on board since the town was hosting this event since it brings in money to a popular tourist attraction.

"I think its got a hemi"