Though I'm not a big fan of the show since it has no hairs as to real street racing as I witnessed it, I understand TV logistics and their quest to reach a broader demographic. It's a new world in a whole new spin.
On this one, I'll have to say that NHRA has its head in the sand so they might has just go pound on it as well.

NHRA has acted recently like they are the bigger head of the household since they were founded on the heels of trying to curve a reckless young urban phenomenon back in the 40's. They are now acting like they still have all the answers for a bunch of rambunctious youngsters who need to be held by the hand. Maybe the aroma of what's for Supper is not attracting those young people back home.
What they need to do is retool their programs to make it a better attraction and more affordable to those young people that will take it to the streets anyhow. Don't start jumping from one cooking skillet onto another with out knowing what ingredients are there.

I know of some street cars that can give their (NHRA) Pro rank$ a run for the money with the right spot given. Flip the script, change the record to the B-side. Ye$, it'$ about the have$ and the have not$. Talk about Jack and the Bean stalk.