Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I used the steel lines (3/8 supply, 5/16 return)EFI pumps do not like to suck.

I don't think any electric fuel pumps like to suck, they push better than suck usually.

Pumps dont suck.. they create the negative pressure
so atmospheric pressure can push in the fuel(or oil
like in a oil pump)

So while its in its carb version am I going to be able to pull the fuel out of the tank using the stock pickup.

Yes but if your running more power than stock a larger
pick up would be nice(depending on whats there now)

Moderate size carb electric pumps seem to handle the stock pickup OK... many members have good luck. As posted above, a bigger pickup is better. 3/8" minimum, 1/2" preferred. Somebody with more experience will likely post good combos.

EFI pumps just don't work very well or long with the restriction of the stock style pickup. I toasted a couple as have others before going to pump in tank (or sump). Fuel system upgrade for EFI can get involved so maybe best to pick a pump to cover the carb for now and deal with the EFI requirements later.

That is the plan...the carb pump will be something to get me by and will definetly go with an in tank solution for EFI (Phantom Maybe?) but I would like the lines and anything I can put on it to be compatible so I don't have to duplicate anything. That's why I want the line sizing correct etc. The current pickup is a replacement and it's 3/8". I just want to make sure it will do for now. All the suggestions are great. I have flirted with E-85 as it is coming to this area slowly so I am really only looking to minimize any possible "redo" work. Hopefully, the push lock stuff will work and a simple pump for now.