Quote:

Quote:

I decided to run the caps only because the sharp rockers sweep the roller toward the outer tips of the valves and wanted more contact. I'm sure it's not the ideal setup but seems to be working OK.

I know it seems to run ok, but I wish you would address that sweep and get rid of the lash caps. With those rockers and that valve lift, you should only have .038" sweep across the valve when the geometry is correct. I'd hate to see you have an expensive failure down the road because the valvetrain is getting beat up.

I hear ya and appreciate the advice I figure the only way to do it right would be to mill the stands and fit a paired Jesel setup but, if I went that route the engine would still be on the stand It's been in the car and running for over a year and I check the lash regularly. The HS rockers do seem a little long and also causes a fitment issue on the pushrod side of the rocker for some valve covers with the Victors. I ended up using fabricated aluminum covers and profiling the inside flange with a die grinder so I could slide the straight down over the studs. All good there now.

Also, found this pic where I ran a sweep pattern without the lash caps.

Sorry OP for the hijac. It's kinda related as us Victor guys need all the help we can get. We seem to be the underdog

8379387-DSCN3183.JPG (188 downloads)

Sworn Member Central Valley MoPar Drag Pack. You can reach me at (done-et-chasing@going-rounds.gone)... :-)

[img]https://s6.postimg.org/v3mbggksx/SAC16.jpg[/img]image hosting more than 5mb