I just acquired a set of max wedge cnc ported victors that came off of a stroked 400. They came with crane 1.6 and hughes 1.6 offsets. I changed them to my shafts and was fixing the shims when I noticed the valves were hitting the springs. The guy i got them from said hughes set these up. Every retainer has marks all the way around the edge on intake and on the exhaust around the high point of the retainer. Exactly where each rocker hits on my mock up. Im not sure what retainer these are . I have checked valve length its correct. I am new to putting race motors together so i havent been around some of the thick spring stuff. I would have to do hella grinding just to get them to not rub. should the roller rocker be level with the roller just sitting on top of the valve? right now the valve sits so low in the retainer i dont know how the roller could make contact. it almost looks like the spring height is 1/8 to tall and the rocker is at an angle. With the rocker touching the roller tip sticks up over the valve tip about 1/8 inch. I will try and get pics tom-marrow but didnt know if someone had an idea from my babbling