Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Cant remember who I called to ask about that filter, but I was told it couldn't handle the output of that black pump. Get a different filter type. Mine is noisy as well, but I got a good deal on it, so for the time being, its on the car.

That's BS. That fram filter is made to go after the pump and can easily handle a black pump discharge volume. All filters are made to go after the pump.
Please don't be one of those geeks who have the pump and filter hanging out the back of your car for everyone to see with the filter between the tank and pump showing everyone you don't know how to plumb a fuel system.
Like Cab said...and you know now.

Use a AN fitting in the tank with a cone shaped stainless strainer built in and no other restrictions before the pump.
Only a strainer with 100 micron screen or courser should be in front of the pump. Even a strainer housing creates turbulence in the fuel flow. And the inlet plumbing to the pump should be larger than the discharge plumbing with very little restrictions(like least amount of 90, 45s and no filters)

The reason pumps are noisy is because they are screaming for help, cavatating there brains out and dieing a slow death. Warmer the weather get's, the more important that the fuel inlet plumbing is right.

Next time I have a question, I wont call anyone but you, because you seem to be a know it all. This kind of an answer is exactly why people don't say anything anymore or offer advice. You have no idea what fuel system is on my car.

Well I seem to be the fastest and quickest guy on this board and have built 6 real fast cars including the fuel systems. How fast have you gone with your fuel system?

I know my way around fuel since I have been in the fuel business for over 30 years now.

And I didn't post anything backwards or wrong above.

It don't matter what kind of car you have, fuel basics apply to every car.
\
Lastly I don't consider a strainer to be a filter, it's a strainer to protect the pump. The filter which is finer goes after the pump to protect everything after the pump.