I agree on the value of an original fender tag. I have bought cars without them and with them. I have never bought a car that was restored and the fender tag was in question. An original unrestored car needs to be documented with plenty of pictures BEFORE a restoration is started. That is the best way of determining if a car is legit. I have had one fender tag made. I had the IBM copy from Chrysler Historical so the information was correct. I sold the car as a project car in an unrestored condition. I sold it with the non original block. I disclosed to the buyer that the fender tag was a reproduction fender tag. The car was restored and sold. I got a call from the new buyer wanting to know all about the car when I had possession of it. He had gotten my name from an outside source as once owning the car. NOW it was a matching number car with the original fender tag and he even had "the guru" verification to prove it. He wanted all of my prior restoration photos to see the evidence. Well, I could see where this was going and politely informed him he really did not want to go there and be happy with the deal he got on the car. So you see the problem with a reproduction tag or build sheet is the fraud that can occur years down the road. After all we are only temporary keepers of the cars we own now. I will never make another tag for this reason. The only consolation that came from my deal was the crook lost his shirt when he sold the car.