Moparts

Repop fender tag

Posted By: moparpollack

Repop fender tag - 09/28/14 08:26 PM

To make a correct fender tag when you don't have one where do you start? My build sheet is incomplete, but I know the cars color, engine, transmission, rear end, rear end ratio, interior color, brakes, radiator size, and rear tail stripe. What I don't know is the build date etc. can I contact Chrysler historical to find out?
Posted By: 68gtx

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/28/14 08:44 PM

Chrysler historical society can only help up to 1967. After that there is nothing. This question will not well received here. I would ask on another forum. Some of the guys on here aka. Fender Tag Police get real excited when you ask about making a fender tag.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/28/14 10:04 PM

Quote:

Chrysler historical society can only help up to 1967. After that there is nothing. This question will not well received here. I would ask on another forum. Some of the guys on here aka. Fender Tag Police get real excited when you ask about making a fender tag.

while i'm not going to disagree with you I will add that KNOWN contributing members are treated a little differently as is the case here. what he might get as a response is a PM from somebody who can help.
Posted By: ScottSmith_Harms

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/28/14 10:14 PM

Quote:

what he might get as a response is a PM from somebody who can help.

Let's not candy coat it ok?

Here's the deal: First, if the original tag is gone it's impossible to reproduce one exactly like the original, even with a perfect broadcast sheet in hand (because thetags varied a bit in the details which you could never know without having the legible original).

So let's assume that little detail doesn't bother you. If the broadcast sheet is incomplete, and the car is a post 67 car with no Chrysler Historical IBM copy to gather info from, any attempt at making a tag will result in one that was produced using at least some guesswork, not reliable facts. Therefore, it's 100% worthless. There is no "help" in this case, only someone willing to take your money and make you a bogus fake.

Posted By: moparpollack

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/28/14 10:28 PM

Guess I'll just have a spare tag that doesn't match the car painted to take the originals place.
Posted By: mikemee1331

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/28/14 10:31 PM

Quote:

Quote:

what he might get as a response is a PM from somebody who can help.

Let's not candy coat it ok?

Here's the deal: First, if the original tag is gone it's impossible to reproduce one exactly like the original, even with a perfect broadcast sheet in hand (because thetags varied a bit in the details which you could never know without having the legible original).

So let's assume that little detail doesn't bother you. If the broadcast sheet is incomplete, and the car is a post 67 car with no Chrysler Historical IBM copy to gather info from, any attempt at making a tag will result in one that was produced using at least some guesswork, not reliable facts. Therefore, it's 100% worthless. There is no "help" in this case, only someone willing to take your money and make you a bogus fake.

point taken and completely understood. I probably assumed too much in reading that he was asking for help in creating a re-pop (not bogus) based on what he has documented and what codes for what options that he has. I wasn't suggesting that there is a secret society on this board that would help in that respect only that he may not be as quickly or harshly as say a newish member might be.

truth be told it was the reference to the 'Fender Tag Police' that even prompted me to reply. I view that 'department' as a very useful part of this hobby. while I have little interest in 'correct this, and correct that' that doesn't mean it isn't important to others as the prices of our cars clearly show.

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/28/14 11:38 PM

If you have a build sheet or partial and you want a tag made then have it made. I have seen tags that are 100% original be called out as fake on here. So just put it on the car and let the car speak for itself. We should not be devaluing our cars just because its missing a fender tag. In most cases it does not contain every option on the car. If you have a lynch road car it has very limited information on it anyway. Just have it made and bolt it on.
Posted By: DAYCLONA

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/28/14 11:45 PM

Quote:

If you have a build sheet or partial and you want a tag made then have it made. I have seen tags that are 100% original be called out as fake on here. So just put it on the car and let the car speak for itself. We should not be devaluing our cars just because its missing a fender tag. In most cases it does not contain every option on the car. If you have a lynch road car it has very limited information on it anyway. Just have it made and bolt it on.

go to www.datatags.com

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 12:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

go to www.datatags.com

Funny, you guys suggest that if someone confuses a fake for a real one or vice versa than making more fakes is now "ok" and it doesn't matter? Good luck with that!

Quote:

We should not be devaluing our cars just because its missing a fender tag.

Well, like it or not, it does affect value if it's missing. Either way, adding a fake tag if the original is missing it doesn't make it any more valuable, in fact, if it's discovered as a fake it could very well bring down the value.
Posted By: new bee

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 02:20 AM

Quote:

if it's discovered as a fake it could very well bring down the value.

I agree.
I would be very aprehensive to buy any car with a fake tag. It doesn't mean there are other questionable things waiting to be found, but, in my opinion, it raises the chances. That's what would be going through my head as a potential buyer of any fake-tag car.
Posted By: flypaper

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 02:32 AM

Quote:

We should not be devaluing our cars just because its missing a fender tag.

Well, like it or not, it does affect value if it's missing. Either way, adding a fake tag if the original is missing it doesn't make it any more valuable, in fact, if it's discovered as a fake it could very well bring down the value.

what if a so called guru with a fantasy registry creates it
and gives it his blessing?
Posted By: Slant6pak

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 03:20 AM

While everybody already has their asbestos underwear on...

My not rare, triple green, 383 2 barrel Coronet's fender tag has an ugly rust hole in the middle of it.

I would like a have a duplicate of the original (which, again I have) made that does not have said ugly rust hole it.

Can somebody PM who I should use?

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 03:29 AM

datatags.com And in this case what would be the problem with a new tag? If its a duplicate is is fake?

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 03:33 AM

Quote:

If its a duplicate is is fake?

nope
but if you have to create a tag all bets are off..
Posted By: dragon slayer

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 05:09 AM

I always get a laugh at this one. As the guys with the original fender tag, but reproduction metal, motor parts, interior parts, every other internal part complain.

I have a road runner with original RR metal, brakes, rims, rotors, drums, booster, MC, interior, trim, bumper, lights, wiper blades, etc. Of course it was upgraded with disc brakes, hemi suspension, dana60, and bucket interior. Again, all dated coded RR parts. Probably more original Mopar date coded parts on it than a high end show car. But it will never be full numbers matching. Does have a broadcast sheet though. Oh and impeccable body and paint and chrome on a 15 yo restoration.

No just joking I refused to buy it because it was missing the fender tag.

Given some high end cars that have been found to have restamped motors, and transmissions, body swaps, fake broadcast sheets and even window stickers. Who cares that the fender tag is original.

The buyer needs to evaluate the car and the paper with the car anyway.
If it is a driver and your honest about the car when you sell it, it has no impact on anyones car or price. Heck, the aftermarket parts are destroying value of all original cars more than anything IMHO. G

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 06:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

if it's discovered as a fake it could very well bring down the value.

I agree.
I would be very aprehensive to buy any car with a fake tag. It doesn't mean there are other questionable things waiting to be found, but, in my opinion, it raises the chances. That's what would be going through my head as a potential buyer of any fake-tag car.

IMHO if your buying a musclecar and "value/resale/investment/etc" is on your criteria list, your in the wrong hobby...perhaps a hobby of Numismatics would be better suited for individuals consumed with "value"?
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 03:16 PM

I have a freind who bought a 73 Cuda and when he first saw the car he took pictures and one was of the fender tag. Later when he bought it the tag was missing. He is getting one made so his will be 100% correct, except for the maybe the bend and/or inspection stamps. If you have a pic of pencil rubbing then I don't see an issue.
Posted By: KillerBee

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 03:56 PM

This topic always brings up different opinions.

Personally I would much rather have a car's original build sheet than it's origina fender tag

I do find it amusing that some people won't consider buying a car with a repop fender tag, especially one made from an original build sheet, but have no issues with a car with new Chinese made quarters, doors, fenders, floors, interior and trim parts, etc.
Posted By: 69CoronetRT

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 05:11 PM

Quote:

Personally I would much rather have a car's original build sheet than it's origina fender tag

I do find it amusing that some people won't consider buying a car with a repop fender tag, especially one made from an original build sheet, but have no issues with a car with new Chinese made quarters, doors, fenders, floors, interior and trim parts, etc.

Replacement parts on a 50 year old car don't change the underlying original pedigree of the car. (Who wants to drive with a 50 YO fan belt, radiator hose or tires?) Sheet metal on a 318 car is pretty much the same as a Hemi car.

A fender tag is one of the items used to document originality. Sheet metal doesn't.

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 05:16 PM

Quote:

IMHO if your buying a musclecar and "value/resale/investment/etc" is on your criteria list, your in the wrong hobby...

An interesting personal opinion but totally ignoring reality and fiscal responsibility. Most people want validation on what they are purchasing is either 'a good deal' or will not lose intrinsic value over time. Check out the WIW posts sometime.
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 05:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Replacement parts on a 50 year old car don't change the underlying original pedigree of the car. (Who wants to drive with a 50 YO fan belt, radiator hose or tires?) Sheet metal on a 318 car is pretty much the same as a Hemi car.

A fender tag is one of the items used to document originality. Sheet metal doesn't.

Thats pretty much it, right there.

Then of course there are those that dance around it ethically by claiming that the fender tag is just a part, like a door or a water pump.

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 05:24 PM

Quote:

datatags.com And in this case what would be the problem with a new tag? If its a duplicate is is fake?

Why would you steer someone to a product provider that will charge a lot of money for an inaccurate part?

A lot of his tags are bad tags that cost the buyer lots of money. He's no more qualified than anyone else to accurately layout a tag. He's just more well known. He made the bad tag for my car.

Do you recommend other vendors that sell bad products?

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 05:50 PM

So it's OK to transfer the drivetrain over to a 318 car and completely rebody an original high dollar pedigree car as long as you screw it's original fender tag back on?

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 05:57 PM

Quote:

So it's OK to transfer the drivetrain over to a 318 car and completely rebody an original high dollar pedigree car as long as you screw it's original fender tag back on?

Different topic.
No.

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 06:03 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Different topic.
No.

"Sheet metal on a 318 car is pretty much the same as a Hemi car".

Sheet metal from China (or any other non orinal Mopar part) is NOT the same as original sheet metal from a 318 or Hemi car and certain original sheetmetal parts are most definitely used to identify a car's pedigree..

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 06:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Different topic.
No.

"Sheet metal on a 318 car is pretty much the same as a Hemi car".

Sheet metal from China (or any other non orinal Mopar part) is NOT the same as original sheet metal from a 318 or Hemi car and certain original sheetmetal parts are most definitely used to identify a car's pedigree..

No disagreement. Sheet metal replacement discussion is a red herring to discussion on original/replacemement fender tags. If you'd like, you can start another thread on how it affects value and documentation.

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 08:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

A fender tag most certainly WAS NOT intended to document originality. Rather an ID of the basic trim, paint, and options. Most (all) fender tags do not have every option the car was born with included.

Also disagree with your underlining pedigree statement. That is why one owner documented original can sometimes bring more money than a restored car of equivalent pedigree, but without the as born parts.

So where does redrawing chalk and crayon marks fall? Clearly you can not recreate the exact marks and location a human placed them? Isn't that fraudulent, similar to fake art paintings?

I agree with this is a personal choice thing. I do take issue with those that want to call it fraud, when there is no intent to deceive and if the car is sold it is disclosed. Wonder how many folks disclose the bondo in the car, or the replaced fender, hood, etc... when they advertise it as factory original numbers matching. Seems like a car is only factory original once, unless it is placed in storage before the first consumable part requires replacement. G

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 09:38 PM

Quote:

A fender tag most certainly WAS NOT intended to document originality. Rather an ID of the basic trim, paint, and options. Most (all) fender tags do not have every option the car was born with included.

Also disagree with your underlining pedigree statement. That is why one owner documented original can sometimes bring more money than a restored car of equivalent pedigree, but without the as born parts.

So where does redrawing chalk and crayon marks fall? Clearly you can not recreate the exact marks and location a human placed them? Isn't that fraudulent, similar to fake art paintings?

I agree with this is a personal choice thing. I do take issue with those that want to call it fraud, when there is no intent to deceive and if the car is sold it is disclosed. Wonder how many folks disclose the bondo in the car, or the replaced fender, hood, etc... when they advertise it as factory original numbers matching. Seems like a car is only factory original once, unless it is placed in storage before the first consumable part requires replacement. G

Don't confuse originality with pedigree.

One owner cars and value is a different topic. Please feel free to start another thread on the difference in value between original documented and restored.

Nope. Different topic. Another red herring.

Different topic. Bondo on a Hemi car with the original tag doesn't negate the fact it was a hemi car. Perfect sheet metal with a fake tag makes the car questionable.

The topic is (was....) remaking an accurate fender tag based on a broadcast sheet and, potentially, the ethics behind it.

Can it be done? In certain specific instances, yes. It can be. In most or all instances? No. Some tags are impossible to reproduce accurately without the original tag.

Would most people pay for a reproduction part they knew going in was inaccurate and incorrect for their application or would they expect a high standard of 'correctness'?

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 10:30 PM

Quote:

Would most people pay for a reproduction part they knew going in was inaccurate and incorrect for their application or would they expect a high standard of 'correctness'?

Most people DO pay for reproduction Mopar restoration parts that are inaccurate and/or incorrect.

Here is a E-body tachometer that I bought last year from a respected Moparts vender claiming it was an absolutely PERFECT reproduction and fully licensed by Chrysler.

I knew it was wrong as soon as I took it out of the box...I sent it back...as far as I know they are STILL selling the incorrect tachometer.

No need to call it a red herring or suggest I start a new post...a correctly made repop fender tag from an original build sheet is no more accurate or inaccurate than any other non NOS repop part that's installed on a high dollar restoration, like it or not.

The wise Mopar shopper does their homework and takes nothing for granted.

I've been around Mopars long enough to know even the self appointed experts are very often wrong and usually have some agenda behind their opinions.

Attached picture 8285012-tacho2.JPG

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/29/14 10:55 PM

None of them had fender tags until a shift worker stamped it out. Some with little information ,some wrong information, some bent. some not. some painted, some not, nothing even that consistent . It is what is a piece of metal with some paint and trim data period. As I said before just have one made. No one here is going to help you even if you have build sheet, vin# matching drive train, service records, factory invoice, the window sticker, and a handshake picture the day you bought it with the sales man. They would rather point out that all repop tags are fake and will call into question every part on the car and the car will be worthless.
Posted By: MoparJunkie

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 01:17 AM

There are alot of good points stated.... After being in this hobby for a long time, and dealing with Mopars the only consistent thing about all Mopars are the inconsistencies... That being said, yes there are alot of people benefiting from most of this hobby monetarily(let's face it that's a fact that won't go away)! But, that's one reason we have the repop parts we have, so it's a double edged sword. I agree there's alot of misdirected intent on things being done in this hobby, but not all people are looking to mislead or benefit from BS.... So, if you want a tag redone by one of the companies that provide this service, then by all means do what you want. All the negativity will be there with or without your actions.... Me, I wouldn't worry about a tag, but it's your car!

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 01:17 AM

comparing a repop tag to a repop part is a total joke!
there is a huge difference!
fender tags are unique and specific to each individual car.
repop parts are unique and specific to each model line of car.

a repop tag without a original to copy is a guess at best!
you have no idea what was on the original
it is something you have to create.
with a repop part you know exactly what is
supposed to look like,no guessing,no creating.

one has to come from your imagination..
the other comes from reality.

i hope this helps explains it to the
who thinks its the exact same thing or
puts them in the same category!..

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 02:19 AM

Quote:

supposed to look like, no guessing, no creating.

I hope this helps explains it to the

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 02:34 AM

Many proponents of fake tags and other documentation are simply those whom lack their originals.

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 02:46 AM

Why is it a guess? Look at enough tags and matching broadcast sheets and you can pick out the pattern of what is on the tag, and what is not. Sure you can't replicate an inspector mark, but not all had them.

I compare it to the folks that spend time placing chalk markings on the car, or painting overlaps and trying to replicate a factory paint over spray on a motor. They are a guess too, unless you have picture documentation of all the marks before you start the restoration. Even than, unless your a certified forgery expert you can't match it exactly, so why spend the time doing it?

So all restorations in one way are just replications of what the car may have been. Many people enjoy that aspect, and many folks pay good money for that level of detail.

To me replacing the tag is just putting on a component that is missing or damaged. With good research and broadcast sheet you can at least get how it should have been, even if someone made an error making the original.

So while we can all disagree about doing it I still have a laugh on how hard over some say it is fraudulent. Despite all the other issue that exist with restorations.

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 03:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Don't confuse originality with pedigree.

Your the one that stated a fender tag proves originality in a previous post. I am just stating that was not it's intend. If so it would probably have been rivet on the dash like the VIN tag too. There have been plenty of dash frames, with radiator supports and fender tags moved to different cars.

It is just too easy to move those parts to a donner car.

If your really after originality you have to look for an awful lot of casting numbers, part numbers with corresponding date stamps matched up to your car. And not the plus or minus 6 month stuff.

I value original over non original or repop too. But I also understand folks taking a car and trying to make it whole.

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 03:25 AM

Quote:

Why is it a guess? Look at enough tags and matching broadcast sheets and you can pick out the pattern of what is on the tag, and what is not.

and no matter what paper you have,
no matter how many tags you stare at.
you still have to GUESS which exact numbers to put on the tag.
you have no idea exactly what was on the orig in the first place.
you might think you know
but there is no way to call it 100% for sure.
you have no clue what was omitted or included on
the original once its gone.
you have to create it yourself or some so called expert
has to.

chark marks and such are such a weak arguement
they are not used as identifying factors and
they are a different animal and have no comparison to a repop tag or this discussion.

the only part on the car to compare to a repop fender tag is the vin tag.
following your logic repoping them to what you want is ok also!

repop tags are the worst thing to happen in the hobby
they premote fraud, no matter what someone's original intentions are.

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 03:31 AM

Quote:

Many proponents of fake tags and other documentation are simply those whom lack their originals.

they are from people trying to fix thier BIG mistake..
buying a car missing one!

now they dumped a gob of loot into thier car
and
uh oh
my car isn't worth as much as i have into it.
how can i possibly fix this dilemma?...
any other arguement is just semantics..

if it was just a matter of replacing a missing part
then slap a blank tag on the inner fender
its just as fake as creating one and
it leaves no question as to what it is.
you will never see that being done..
Posted By: AZ_A12_BEE

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 03:36 AM

Quote:

supposed to look like,no guessing,no creating.

i hope this helps explains it to the

Posted By: swapman

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 04:25 AM

Quote:

Hey Flypaper, will this tag pass muster in new Jersey?

"leaves no question as to what it is."

I built it, I tagged it, I'm proud of it.

Attached picture 8285500-DSC_0229_crop.jpg

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 04:30 AM

I like that fender tag

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 04:32 AM

Next to the "Data Tag" is this. Thanks

Attached picture 8285514-DSC_0230_crop.jpg

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 04:38 AM

there is always a exception!
we know you are one of them...

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 04:43 AM

Quote:

By "one of them", do you mean Rhinotruck?

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 04:49 AM

Quote:

Quote:

By "one of them", do you mean Rhinotruck?

i won't get whineytruck started..

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 03:25 PM

Quote:

Quote:

they are from people trying to fix thier BIG mistake..
buying a car missing one!

now they dumped a gob of loot into thier car
and
uh oh
my car isn't worth as much as i have into it.
how can i possibly fix this dilemma?...
any other arguement is just semantics..

Why do you assume folks pay big money. I understand the point of view, I still laugh at it. Primarily because the folks crying the most about repop tags seem to be over the top questioning motive and calling out folks. You seem to take it to a personal level adding insults and such, vice defending your point. The I am better than thou approach.

There also is a saying that those that cry fraud the most are usually the ones who commit it the most. Should I generalize about that??

By your logic the tag has no value, because even identical cars could have had different data on the tag (besides the VIN) because of human error. There for if a car has molding that wasn't listed on the data tag, or any other option the car must be fake,

Regardless, if you have the broadcast sheet, you have all the appropriate data and more. With it, an honest even if not original, data tag could be made. I would much rather have an original broadcast sheet and a repop fender tag vice an original fender tag and no broadcast sheet.

I would not pass up a highly optioned car with original parts just be cause the fender tag was missing. Especially if it had a broadcast sheet.

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 03:42 PM

Quote:

Regardless, if you have the broadcast sheet, you have all the appropriate data and more. With it, an honest even if not original, data tag could be made.

welp
we can agree we disagree on this issue!
i say no way,impossible
without having to rewriting history and guesswork!
i'm guessing your car must be its missing tag
you can argue/play semantics all you want,
thats all i have to say about it.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 05:30 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Regardless, if you have the broadcast sheet, you have all the appropriate data and more. With it, an honest even if not original, data tag could be made.

welp
we can agree we disagree on this issue!
i say no way,impossible
without having to rewriting history and guesswork!
i'm guessing your car must be its missing tag
you can argue/play semantics all you want,
thats all i have to say about it.

Frank, I have a better idea.Since this subject comes up regularly and it's always a pi$$ing match,why not make this a sticky and then everyone could save their breath,read it one time,make their own choice and and let it go.As many times as this has come up,everyones opinion is already out there,remember the dead horse !!

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 06:06 PM

So you should only buy a car based only on it having the original fender tag? So that hemi car my neighbor decided to sell that he purchased brand new but lost the fender tag that has 2 build sheets dealer invoice and service records I will need to pass on because for sure he trying to hide something? Sorry but a fender tag should only be part of the consideration when making a purchase. If these tags were very consistent from factory to factory, year after year, and they listed every option that was on the car when built and there was never a mistake made on then I would say they were worth their weight in gold. But they are inconsistent they do have mistakes and they are different from factory to factory and they can even be inconsistent from 1 quarter of the to another in given year and most have limited information on them.So how would you know if he created a tag that was right or wrong? Maybe the original one was stamped incorrectly from the factory and the 1 he created was spot on how would know? I buy cars based on what documents are available to me at the time. A fender tag will never stop from buying a car I like be it original missing or one that was made for the car
Posted By: new bee

Re: Repop fender tag - 09/30/14 09:29 PM

Quote:

So you should only buy a car based only on it having the original fender tag?

I don't think anyone is saying you have to do one thing or another. However, the market shows that, all things considered equal, cars with original tags will be easier to sell than those without.
Posted By: 69_SIX_PACK

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/01/14 04:39 AM

Quote:

So you should only buy a car based only on it having the original fender tag? So that hemi car my neighbor decided to sell that he purchased brand new but lost the fender tag that has 2 build sheets dealer invoice and service records I will need to pass on because for sure he trying to hide something? Sorry but a fender tag should only be part of the consideration when making a purchase. If these tags were very consistent from factory to factory, year after year, and they listed every option that was on the car when built and there was never a mistake made on then I would say they were worth their weight in gold. But they are inconsistent they do have mistakes and they are different from factory to factory and they can even be inconsistent from 1 quarter of the to another in given year and most have limited information on them.So how would you know if he created a tag that was right or wrong? Maybe the original one was stamped incorrectly from the factory and the 1 he created was spot on how would know? I buy cars based on what documents are available to me at the time. A fender tag will never stop from buying a car I like be it original missing or one that was made for the car

Nobody is saying not to buy the car....just don't replace the tag.

Same neighbor finds the tag, puts it back on the inner fender, changes the oil and the oil filter is defective and he windows the block....does he find another block and restamp it to make it numbers matching because it isn't his fault?

Or wife cleans up and throws out both his original broadcast sheets...all he has left is a photocopy...does he get a reproduction broadcast sheet made?

I like having the original stuff, it wouldn't stop me from buying a car if the other pieces were good enough to overcome the missing tag.

The car doesn't need the fender tag to function. If it's not there no big deal move on. If you lost your tag that's a shame, if you bought the car without one you knew that going in. Quite simply I don't feel you can right the wrong. You either have the original fender tag or you don't. Just like a engine, tranny, broadcast sheet etc....

Of course the above is just my opinion.

Fake fender tags have been around a long time GTS - Galen Tag Service. I never quite understood why he made them
Posted By: dannysbee

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/01/14 05:26 AM

Quote:

Quote:

So you should only buy a car based only on it having the original fender tag? So that hemi car my neighbor decided to sell that he purchased brand new but lost the fender tag that has 2 build sheets dealer invoice and service records I will need to pass on because for sure he trying to hide something? Sorry but a fender tag should only be part of the consideration when making a purchase. If these tags were very consistent from factory to factory, year after year, and they listed every option that was on the car when built and there was never a mistake made on then I wwere worth their weight in gold. But they are inconsistent they do have mistakes and they are different from factory to factory and they can even be inconsistent from 1 quarter of the to another in given year and most have limited information on them.So how would you know if he created a tag that was right or wrong? Maybe the original one was stamped incorrectly from the factory and the 1 he created was spot on how would know? I buy cars based on what documents are available to me at the time. A fender tag will never stop from buying a car I like be it original missing or one that was made for the car

Same neighbor finds the tag, puts it back on the inner fender, changes the oil and the oil filter is defective and he windows the block....does he find another block and restamp it to make it numbers matching because it isn't his fault?

Or wife cleans up and throws out both his original broadcast sheets...all he has left is a photocopy...does he get a reproduction broadcast sheet made?

I like having the original stuff, it wouldn't stop me from buying a car if the other pieces were good enough to overcome the missing tag.

The car doesn't need the fender tag to function. If it's not there no big deal move on. If you lost your tag that's a shame, if you bought the car without one you knew that going in. Quite simply I don't feel you can right the wrong. You either have the original fender tag or you don't. Just like a engine, tranny, broadcast sheet etc....

Fake fender tags have been around a long time GTS - Galen Tag Service. I never quite understood why he made them [/quote

Money I believe was the reason.

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/01/14 06:27 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Fake fender tags have been around a long time GTS - Galen Tag Service. I never quite understood why he made them

You don't need the decals on the car either, so if the original are lost or damaged during a restoration why put them back on, why chalk marks, why paint a battery cable orange?

Because some folks desire to restore the car to as original as possible. Some only use original or OEM stuff, others use Reproduction. No one can match the paint perfect or place all the decals exactly where the were original, but they do the best they can.

A "TRIM" tag just points out some of the major options. Color and interior being a major component. Frankly for some models the cars where optioned very similar. If you had a basic model, you can find several examples with Broadcast sheets that code the same and examine the fender tags (from the same plant) and find they are consistent. So even if you can't replicate an unknown error that may or may not have been made on the data tag, you can spell out the appropriate data especially color, interior, roof and the major options if any that would have been listed if the tag maker followed the factory guidance. It is as simple at that.

People do put them on, because so many folks obsess about them. I would have no problem pointing out it is a repo as I show them the Broad cast sheet. But I also would disclose everything I know about the car. I feel comfortable that I have invested my disposable income properly in the car so I am not worried about it. G

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/01/14 06:38 AM

Quote:

You don't need the decals on the car either, so if the original are lost or damaged during a restoration why put them back on, why chalk marks, why paint a battery cable orange?

Parts and documentation = different subject entirely, chalk marks, decals, and other assembly detail items are NOT documentation

Because some folks desire to restore the car to as original as possible. Some only use original or OEM stuff, others use Reproduction. No one can match the paint perfect or place all the decals exactly where the were original, but they do the best they can. Yes, there is room for every variable in our hobby, that's what makes it fun, we all have our own opinions on details and how far to take things.

A "TRIM" tag just points out some of the major options. Color and interior being a major component. Frankly for some models the cars where optioned very similar. If you had a basic model, you can find several examples with Broadcast sheets that code the same and examine the fender tags (from the same plant) and find they are consistent.

Somewhat true, but over simplified, most tags carry much more than just "minimal" option code info.

So even if you can't replicate an unknown error that may or may not have been made on the data tag, you can spell out the appropriate data especially color, interior, roof and the major options if any that would have been listed if the tag maker followed the factory guidance. It is as simple at that. I'm sorry, it is not as simple as that

People do put them on, because so many folks obsess about them. Maybe SOME people do, but there's a variety of other reasons, perceived value being one of the more common ones

I would have no problem pointing out it is a repo as I show them the Broad cast sheet. But I also would disclose everything I know about the car. That's great! But what about the next owner, do you think he will do the same? When he passes it on to an owner down the road will the story even get to that owner or will he actually think his car and documents are originals? (I've found this to be the case MANY times!)

I feel comfortable that I have invested my disposable income properly in the car so I am not worried about it. G

Good for you, sounds like you are in a good place
Posted By: Sxrxrnr

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/02/14 06:13 AM

With hundreds of millions of US currency counterfeit C notes in circulation, more 427 ci 435 horsepower Corvettes sold at auction each year than GM ever built, millions of perfect Rolex clones and Gucci purses sold on the streets from Hong Kong to New York, and museums of the world over burdened by multi million dollar phony supposed 'masterpieces',,,,,why do so many still subscribe to the fantasy that a few pieces of stamped metal and printed paper forms are sufficient evidence that their car is a genuine rarity that deserves a value oft times many multiples of the same car without these too easily(far simpler than most of the examples given above)faked and counterfeit proofs of some supposed illustrious provenance

One day I suspect that this will all end badly for many when the music stops and there is an absence of sufficient chairs for all who seek one.

By the way, when does the ground war begin?

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/02/14 06:25 AM

Quote:

With hundreds of millions of US currency counterfeit C notes in circulation, more 427 ci 435 horsepower Corvettes sold at auction each year than GM ever built, millions of perfect Rolex clones and Gucci purses sold on the streets from Hong Kong to New York and museums of the world over burdened by multi million dollar phony 'masterpieces',,,,,why do so many still subscribe to the fantasy that a few pieces of stamped metal and printed paper forms are sufficient evidence that their car is a genuine rarity that deserves a value oft times many multiples of the same car without these too easily(far simpler than most of the examples given above)faked and counterfeit proofs of some supposed illustrious providence?

One day I suspect that this will all end badly for many when the music stops and there is an absence of chairs for all who seek one.

Of course, as with anything valuable, you will find an unscrupulous criminal element trying to profit by fraudulent means.

A cars documentation is only one part of the picture in verifying it's originality, often times, a major part. That said, other information such as the cars history, are even more important and can help complete the big picture.
Posted By: DeMopuar

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/02/14 06:52 AM

I would look at this issue another way in a thought experiment. Say you have two identical valuable cars; say a 1971 440 six pack convertible with a four speed, dana rear, shaker hood, power steering, and rim blow steering wheel. Both cars are magically curious yellow. Now one car only has a repop VIN tag on the dash pad and is missing the fender tag, door sticker, and no broadcast sheet. Now the other car has an original VIN tag on the dash pad, broadcast sheet, driver's door sticker, and fender tag.

You've got $750,000 (just stay with me) burning a hole in your pocket, which car would you buy -- and yes, you have verified that both cars have matching number engines and transmissions and there is no question about that.

Without arguing about the value of said car, if both cars asking price was the same at $750,000 and the owners are not willing to move off that price, and you were definitely going to buy one of them, I think I know which one most of us would pick because it would be "worth more" than the other all other things being equal.

Now I'm not saying that the other car is worthless, and I think this is where people without fender tags get upset. The cars are definitely worth something, but compared to a car that has all of this documentation, it will never be worth the same amount. The rare stuff like the car I described above and hemi cars will have the highest differential of pricing with missing documentation. When you go down the food chain, that differential will not be as great -- but you've got to put yourself in the shoes of a potential buyer that understands the documentation thing and if you're asking all the money for a car, and don't have the documentation; this is where you've got to understand the difference between a knowledgeable buyer and someone new to the Mopar car collecting world.

Mark

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/02/14 08:02 AM

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/02/14 03:11 PM

That wasn't the original question or issue taken. Plus you removed all documentation not just one.

Your question could be re-asked: If the one without your documentation was an original one owner car with providence and all original despite the missing fender tag and broadcast sheet. Let's leave the dash VIN alone, and the other was restored with repop parts but had original documentation but not the same providence which would you buy? Much tougher question

My point was: Reproducing an accurate fender tag from a broadcast sheet is not fraudulent.

While maybe not for all models/years and plants, for some you can get it accurate. St Louis as an example.

The Fender tag primarily is a trim related document. Paint, interior, major options. Otherwise you would have expected the Manufacturer to have specific guidance followed by all plants. Not completely different tag models depending on plant.

Only the Lynch Road tags give specific details on the transmission and especially the Axle code. A St Louis tag won't. You need the Broadcast sheet to know for sure.

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/02/14 03:37 PM

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/03/14 06:57 AM

My thought experiment was not meant to hit a nerve, it was to just prove a point to the most extreme degree. All I was trying to bring to the surface was all things being equal, which is more valuable? Otherwise, why even worry about the fender tag if it brings $0 dollars to the table?

I really think that the huge hit in values our Mopar cars experienced since 2007 has something to do with this fabricated history. I think a lot of collectors at Barrett and other high end auctions had more money than brains before 2007, and when they finally figured out that the cars they were purchasing had issues of one kind or the other and they made some poor investments of dollars into subpar cars, well, it couldn't have helped our hobby. Not that repop fender tags and VIN tags can totally account for the downward trend of values since 2007 (I'm sure there has been a lot of discovery of poor restorations as well; but this kind of goes hand in hand); and I know that good cars are bringing better money than 2007; but values have not fully recovered yet either. I follow the secondary auction market, and other than the $3.5 million hammer price on the best 71 hemicuda convertible on the planet, the rest of us are still not back to the 2005 prices. Sorry for going off topic a bit, but really; isn't this the reason people want fender tags on their cars? If it didn't affect value, why make em up?

And yes, I really do like "swapman's" fender tags. Awesome, funny, one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Mark

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/03/14 07:23 AM

Quote:

While maybe not for all models/years and plants, for some you can get it accurate. St Louis as an example.

I've studied a lot of STL tags. What was coded and when it was coded changed throughout the year.

Even a STL tag can require some guessing.

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/03/14 01:23 PM

I think most people want a fender tag simply because its missing. They feel like the car is not complete without one. I do not think its always about money. My uncles fender tag was taken at a local car show from his Charger that he purchased brand new. He always felt like the car was missing a part. It made him crazy. This is one of those cases where I was just fine with a new tag being made. He had pictures of the original.There will always be greedy people trying to scam we will never stop that. And its not just Mopars I see a lot of LS6 Chevelles out there and the Corvette guys they openly talk about restamping motors.

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/03/14 03:54 PM

Quote:

My thought experiment was not meant to hit a nerve, it was to just prove a point to the most extreme degree. All I was trying to bring to the surface was all things being equal, which is more valuable? Otherwise, why even worry about the fender tag if it brings $0 dollars to the table?

I really think that the huge hit in values our Mopar cars experienced since 2007 has something to do with this fabricated history. I think a lot of collectors at Barrett and other high end auctions had more money than brains before 2007, and when they finally figured out that the cars they were purchasing had issues of one kind or the other and they made some poor investments of dollars into subpar cars, well, it couldn't have helped our hobby. Not that repop fender tags and VIN tags can totally account for the downward trend of values since 2007 (I'm sure there has been a lot of discovery of poor restorations as well; but this kind of goes hand in hand); and I know that good cars are bringing better money than 2007; but values have not fully recovered yet either. I follow the secondary auction market, and other than the $3.5 million hammer price on the best 71 hemicuda convertible on the planet, the rest of us are still not back to the 2005 prices. Sorry for going off topic a bit, but really; isn't this the reason people want fender tags on their cars? If it didn't affect value, why make em up?

And yes, I really do like "swapman's" fender tags. Awesome, funny, one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

Mark

No nerve hit Mark, this topic can span a great area. Stupid money is still out there, especially in the North East. Hate to generalize, but I too track auctions, and travelled to see the US Marshall auction.

Some of the cars sold were actually for sale on consignment before being seized. They could have been bought for less at the consignment dealer. Yet they sold for a premium of multiple 10K dollars and this was with expert appraisal that pointed out re vinned motors and fake documentation. These where the SS Chevys.

One had to be reclassified as a tribute after the inspection revealed quite graphically that it was a Malibu with fake broadcast sheet, window sticker, VIN, and parts. Still sold for $70K

As far as the Mopars, the Hemi Superbird sold for $575K. And yes there was a single digit off between the broadcast sheet and the Fender tag. Otherwise deemed to be Original numbers match, but restored with all OEM equipment, including date coded tires.

The Basket case 71CUDA hemi went high dollars too. Even with the 1969 motor that had the correct VIN on it. Lots of talk about that.

So in my mind far more has to go into evaluating a car than the fender tag. I just don't treat the fender tag like the motor, just because it has data on it.

As others have pointed out there are legitimate reasons to desire having a fender tag reproduced for your car.

In my own case, I can find several examples of fender tags of the same build month that I can look at for cars similarly optioned as mine. In my research for my car, those fender tags are very consistent. Car to BC Sheet to Fender tag. In all cases I have seen, the fender tag has less options on it than the Broad Cast sheet. G

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/03/14 03:56 PM

Quote:

I think most people want a fender tag simply because its missing.

There will always be greedy people trying to scam we will never stop that. And its not just Mopars I see a lot of LS6 Chevelles out there and the Corvette guys they openly talk about restamping motors.

Back in the late 70's the Corvette restoration shop I worked at had no issues with restamping driveline components or making/changing frame tags...as the owners were more concerned about the "correctness" of the restoration or rebuild...the shop later on started doing Shelby/Mustang restorations, and they were treated to the same form of restamping/tag making, Shelby's had VIN's on almost every part exclusive to the car, so a restoration/rebuild usually meant they were removed/restamped/engraved/restenciled/etc...the Mopar crowd is just late to the game as usual...the only difference now is that $$$$$$ are involved rather than the owners desire to "restore" the car back to so called "originality"....there are those needing tags that feel the restoration is incomplete if the tag is missing, but they are in the minority....tags mean $$$$$$ today for most, those needing them for resale of the vehicle, and those making them

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/03/14 04:49 PM

Quote:

Mark

Thanks, sometimes with the way this world is we have to have some grins.

It is so neat to watch people's reactions when they check those tags, thinking they are seeing 1 of the 11 "real" cars. Asking themselves if it is REAL or MEMOREX?

Us old retired folks just love to mess with peoples minds.

Below are all 3 Tags. Mark Rupp (80ramcharger) got the "Special Handling" tag from a old junkyard Police car as I remember.

I built this car for one purpose, to drive and have fun with. So far, no disappointments.

Attached picture 8289447-DSC_0230_crop.jpg

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/03/14 05:44 PM

Draslayer, I was also at the Blood Money auction. I agre, some absalutely stupid money paid for some of the non Mopars. Concerning the 71 Cuda engine, I dont know who was chattering about what but an earlier year year casting date was the norm, a 71 could have had a 68,69, or a 70, block (never seen one with a 71 date but its possible). I didnt see the Vin stamping but had seen it years before when the car was in Utah and it was legit back then.
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/03/14 06:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

With hundreds of millions of US currency counterfeit C notes in circulation, more 427 ci 435 horsepower Corvettes sold at auction each year than GM ever built, millions of perfect Rolex clones and Gucci purses sold on the streets from Hong Kong to New York and museums of the world over burdened by multi million dollar phony 'masterpieces',,,,,why do so many still subscribe to the fantasy that a few pieces of stamped metal and printed paper forms are sufficient evidence that their car is a genuine rarity that deserves a value oft times many multiples of the same car without these too easily(far simpler than most of the examples given above)faked and counterfeit proofs of some supposed illustrious providence?

One day I suspect that this will all end badly for many when the music stops and there is an absence of chairs for all who seek one.

Of course, as with anything valuable, you will find an unscrupulous criminal element trying to profit by fraudulent means.

A cars documentation is only one part of the picture in verifying it's originality, often times, a major part. That said, other information such as the cars history, are even more important and can help complete the big picture.

I knew a guy (girl who I went to school with's father) who had a '69 Road Runner when I bought my first '67 GTX. T5 with saddle top and saddle bucket seat interior. 103K original miles, he drove the car until around 2000. His father bought it new. I really liked the car. He hadn't had it running in years and asked me to get it running for him because he was considering selling it.

He had ALL the documentiation you could want, window sticker, original registration, insurance cards, dealer info, business cards of the salesman etc. Anyway, at some point his vin tag was stolen at a glass shop when a new windshield was being fitted. He didn't realize how big of a deal it was that the VIN tag was missing, because all the documentation tied back to it. But he didn't really understand the world of clones, rebodies, etc. I put more faith in that car being real than other cars with all of their tags and docs. So I agree with that.
Posted By: Q5_Ed

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/03/14 07:18 PM

So what happened to the car?
Posted By: kentj340

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/04/14 07:06 AM

Quote:

fender tag was (stolen) at a local car show

Maybe a little dab of weld on the backside of the Philips screws is called for.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/04/14 07:21 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Or replace one screw with a pop rivet ?
Posted By: nomore65BelvJim

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/04/14 07:23 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And shape a little dab of bondo on the rivet head to look like a screw if it has to have the look.
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/04/14 07:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

And shape a little dab of bondo on the rivet head to look like a screw if it has to have the look.

Or grind the threads off a screw and super glue the head onto the pop rivet.

Posted By: 451Mopar

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/04/14 09:50 AM

I like those tags

I bought my 1969 Coronet R/T Hardtop (rusty old race car) with a missing fender tag. The owner misplaced it when he painted the engine compartment? I bought the car for $700. At the time, if the car had the fender tag, I don't think it would have increased the sale price.
Posted By: dart440

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/07/14 11:14 PM

Lots of 71 Hemicars had engines with 1969 casting dates. My original match #s 71 Hemi RR had an engine 5/69 casting date (don't remember the day), and the car was a 10/70 built car (off the door jamb sticker).

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/07/14 11:30 PM

My early 68 gtx matching numbers block cast mid 66. I have seen others with similar spans.

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/07/14 11:41 PM

1965 and 1966 casting dates were found in all 66-68 Hemi cars up to January of 1968 (When they ran out of 65/66 blocks and cast some more). There were no Hemi blocks cast in 67
Posted By: GTX MATT

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/08/14 01:12 AM

Quote:

So what happened to the car?

Well I had told the guy to call me if/when he decided to sell it. I ended up selling my GTX a few months later. I was going to call him and offer him 5K for it, but I bought something else. Saw someone driving it a few months after that who paid 5K for it, go figure. The guy who bought it moved to AZ the last I knew. The car has a CT issued VIN on it if anyone stumbles across it at some point.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/08/14 04:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I used a couple of long coarse-threaded, philips-head screws (top part looks just like the sheetmetal screw they used). Then secured them with two nuts each, which have the nylon inserts.
Posted By: booger

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/20/14 11:18 PM

Quote:

Many opponents of fake tags and other documentation are simply those who want to support the perceived rarity of their cars at the expense of others.
Posted By: E-Ticket

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/21/14 05:59 AM

Fender Tags, Fender Tags, Fender Tags......... I have a pretty valuable car that has a real nice broadcast sheet but I too am missing my OEM fender tag. I have pondered the idea of having a duplicate made based off the information from the broadcast sheet and fasten it to the car but still have not decided whether I want to go through that yet??

Problem is my temper....if I do have one made and a member of the fender tag police comes up to me and gives me any crap about it, I'm liable to become insensitive toward that person and tell him or her to walk the F*** away from my car now and don't come back??

I don't give a damn whether my fender tag is an oem tag or an aftermarket made tag....as long as the information on that tag correctly matches the broadcast sheet. Sure it would be nice to have the original tag the car was built with but sometimes that is a needle in a hay stack so my thought is.....so the hell what.......

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/21/14 09:18 PM

Posted By: serano

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/21/14 09:27 PM

You will get no argument from me!!I would much rather see a repop tag as to see all the repop panels installed around a tag then represented as"original"!!
Posted By: Q5_Ed

Re: Repop fender tag - 10/23/14 04:17 AM

Quote:

Fender Tags, Fender Tags, Fender Tags......... I have a pretty valuable car that has a real nice broadcast sheet but I too am missing my OEM fender tag. I have pondered the idea of having a duplicate made based off the information from the broadcast sheet and fasten it to the car but still have not decided whether I want to go through that yet??

Problem is my temper....if I do have one made and a member of the fender tag police comes up to me and gives me any crap about it, I'm liable to become insensitive toward that person and tell him or her to walk the F*** away from my car now and don't come back??

I don't give a damn whether my fender tag is an oem tag or an aftermarket made tag....as long as the information on that tag correctly matches the broadcast sheet. Sure it would be nice to have the original tag the car was built with but sometimes that is a needle in a hay stack so my thought is.....so the hell what.......

I agree why not. Tired of the Fake/fraud label for all circumstances.
Reproduction Fender Tag is a Reproduction Fender Tag like it or not.
Lots of Bigger things going on in the world to be concerned with. Becomes a very minor concern in the big picture. But everyone entitled to there opinion like mine.
Just don't tell someone what to do when a product for restoration is available on the market to replace missing parts of the car.
IMO
Posted By: Trifecta

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/16/15 12:46 PM

I have my original fender tag but it is in bad shape with holes rusted straight through in some places. I have removed it and want to take steps to stop the oxidation process. Would be great to have some advice as to the best approach. Again it is very rusty so a sand or bead blast might destroy it.

Also considering the use of a repop and storing the original. Thoughts?
Posted By: RestoRick

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/16/15 03:08 PM

Safest method would be to soak it in Evaporust.
I've repaired holes in tags.
Posted By: BS27R1B

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/16/15 06:57 PM

I need a repop tag for a car I have two sheets for. It isn't a very valuable car but I would like a tag made and have an R in the corner so we know it is not the original. Maybe a subtle second tag with a pointed message for those who would notice.
The NCRS guys should have been adding the R to their block stampings for years. They have created the monster by not scoring the engine bay area if the block is not stamped correctly. They sure did not think that one trough very well.
Posted By: 62maxwgn

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/17/15 03:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Lots of Bigger things going on in the world to be concerned with. Becomes a very minor concern in the big picture. But everyone entitled to there opinion like mine.
Just don't tell someone what to do when a product for restoration is available on the market to replace missing parts of the car.
IMO

Ed,you can go one step farther,if a repop tag is considered a fake/fraud,then I guess that could call all repop parts fake/fraud.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/17/15 09:46 PM

Quote:

The members of the fender tag police will not try to start any trouble , they will just point at it , laugh , mock and walk away ... it's you that will have to start the confrotation.

It's your mistake for buying "A PRETTY VALUABLE CAR" without the tag , not the fender tag police ....

Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/17/15 09:48 PM

Quote:

Quote:

IMO

Ed,you can go one step farther,if a repop tag is considered a fake/fraud,then I guess that could call all repop parts fake/fraud.

Ed doesn't really want to go there ...

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/17/15 10:02 PM

So if you find an original Hemi car in your neighbors barn. That has every piece of original documentation but is missing a fender tag?? Don't buy it. Are you guys for real. Its a nothing more than a trim tag with limited information.This stuff is
Posted By: 6bblgt

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/17/15 11:00 PM

How did I miss this fine thread for the past 5 months? Every attribute of a car affects its perceived value.

Take two identical A12 Road Runners sequential VIN shipped to the same dealership (originally owned by twin brothers) with identical amounts of original documentation & restored by the same "well known" restoration shop, only problem is - one is missing its fender tag & no known pictures/rubbings exist of the original.

Is there more or less difference in value between the two cars than $150.00?
Posted By: DPelletier

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/18/15 12:13 AM

Quote:

How did I miss this fine thread for the past 5 months? Every attribute of a car affects its perceived value.

Take two identical A12 Road Runners sequential VIN shipped to the same dealership (originally owned by twin brothers) with identical amounts of original documentation & restored by the same "well known" restoration shop, only problem is - one is missing its fender tag & no known pictures/rubbings exist of the original.

Is there more or less difference in value between the two cars than $150.00?

....it's alot more than $150.00

Dave

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/18/15 03:48 AM

Why would you devalue a car because it is missing a a piece of metal that provides limited information at best? Fender tag should only be part of the consideration when buying a car. If i was buying an A12 that was documented with build sheet, body stamps, invoice, service records ect. Missing the fender tag would never stop me from buying the car. We as Mopar owners should not DEVALUE our cars just because it missing a fender tag.

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/18/15 04:50 AM

Quote:

Why would you devalue a car because it is missing a a piece of metal that provides limited information at best?

Because an original fender tag provides, at least, minimal documentation and is one undisputable piece of evidence as to how the car was originally built and equipped. Remove it and everything that is listed on the tag comes into question. Color. Transmission. Options.

Not every car had or has a correct broadcast sheet or other documentation. EVERY car had a fender tag.

Is it the sole piece of documentation one should consider? No. Is it a very important piece? Yes.

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/18/15 06:48 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Why would you devalue a car because it is missing a a piece of metal that provides limited information at best?

Because an original fender tag provides, at least, minimal documentation and is one undisputable piece of evidence as to how the car was originally built and equipped. Remove it and everything that is listed on the tag comes into question. Color. Transmission. Options.

Not every car had or has a correct broadcast sheet or other documentation. EVERY car had a fender tag.

Is it the sole piece of documentation one should consider? No. Is it a very important piece? Yes.

Well said, Doug. After the VIN, bodystamps and title (which should definitely be there) the FT is THE most important documentation a Mopar has. I wouldn't let the lack of a tag stop me from buying a car IF it had a BS but it definitely has value. ....I'd much rather have the FT than a #'s engine.

Dave

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/18/15 03:34 PM

I don't think anyone is questioning the value of a fender tag. I have purchased cars with and without documentation. I have a car now with a matching drive train and no tag but i do have the BS. I have struggled with putting a tag on it. In reality putting a remade tag on it is not going to change what the car is. The BS has far more information than the Lynch Road fender tag.We as Mopar owners are very lucky in the fact that the VIN# tells us what motor the car was born with and factory it came from.If you have other documentation and missing a fender tag I see no problem with having 1 made. If you spend $$$ to have a car restored and have a rusted up FT again I see no issues. If yours was lost or someone stole yours again no issues.

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/18/15 07:20 PM

Thee VAST majority of those that think fake fender tags are just fine, make no value difference, etc. etc. Are typically those that already own a fake one or are hoping to get validation on thier decision to buy a fake one.

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/18/15 07:20 PM

Quote:

I don't think anyone is questioning the value of a fender tag. I have purchased cars with and without documentation. I have a car now with a matching drive train and no tag but i do have the BS. I have struggled with putting a tag on it. In reality putting a remade tag on it is not going to change what the car is. The BS has far more information than the Lynch Road fender tag.We as Mopar owners are very lucky in the fact that the VIN# tells us what motor the car was born with and factory it came from.If you have other documentation and missing a fender tag I see no problem with having 1 made. If you spend $$$ to have a car restored and have a rusted up FT again I see no issues. If yours was lost or someone stole yours again no issues.

I agree with all that and I'd be fine with either the tag or sheet. The LR tags are certainly different but they have more info on them than people give them credit for....If I had to chose one or the other, I'd rather have the tag only because it is a bolted on to the car rather than a pce of paper that may or may not have been in the car when it left the factory.

Though I'm not a huge fan of repop tags, I admit that I'd have one made if something happened to mine....but I have pencil rubbings and dozens of pics of the original so it could be duplicated with no guess work.

I totally agree that we are very lucky to have the engine in the VIN. I've been a brand X collector previously and it's VERY nice to have that in there.

Dave

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/18/15 11:02 PM

Quote:

Thee VAST majority of those that think fake fender tags are just fine, make no value difference, etc. etc. Are typically those that already own a fake one or are hoping to get validation on thier decision to buy a fake one.

Scott, I think we've just seen a good example of your post. Did this (fake) tag over inflate a purchase price?

Attached picture 8400544-70_XS29_E87_D32_FJ5_186075_H51_N88.jpg
Posted By: fastmark

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/19/15 05:40 AM

I agree on the value of an original fender tag. I have bought cars without them and with them. I have never bought a car that was restored and the fender tag was in question. An original unrestored car needs to be documented with plenty of pictures BEFORE a restoration is started. That is the best way of determining if a car is legit. I have had one fender tag made. I had the IBM copy from Chrysler Historical so the information was correct. I sold the car as a project car in an unrestored condition. I sold it with the non original block. I disclosed to the buyer that the fender tag was a reproduction fender tag. The car was restored and sold. I got a call from the new buyer wanting to know all about the car when I had possession of it. He had gotten my name from an outside source as once owning the car. NOW it was a matching number car with the original fender tag and he even had "the guru" verification to prove it. He wanted all of my prior restoration photos to see the evidence. Well, I could see where this was going and politely informed him he really did not want to go there and be happy with the deal he got on the car. So you see the problem with a reproduction tag or build sheet is the fraud that can occur years down the road. After all we are only temporary keepers of the cars we own now. I will never make another tag for this reason. The only consolation that came from my deal was the crook lost his shirt when he sold the car.

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/19/15 07:17 AM

there are a big difference between them
one you have to quess as to what it looks like
the other there is no guessing required!
Posted By: dilvoy

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/19/15 10:19 AM

Quote:

there are a big difference between them
one you have to quess as to what it looks like
the other there is no guessing required!

I think that you are exactly right. I had some fake cuda rubber bumpers made by Gene Gregory that I sold off after I sold the Cuda, so I don't have any more fake mopar parts. Thank goodness for that. Anyone who puts them on a car is a fraud and is controlled by greed if they use repro parts instead of proper and correct originals, unless ofcourse, they declare it upon listing the car for sale. Then they are just guilty of using cheaper parts so they can save money. Fraud Alert!

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/19/15 07:40 PM

Fastmark Your reproduction fender tag from an IBM card had nothing to do with the new owner committing fraud.He would have restamped the block and had his own tag made anyway. You realize that right? People are doing this everyday. The GM and Ford people do it a little different. They just do it right out in the open and don't even try to hide it.Protecta-cards. trim tags made daily just look online. Marti not only makes new tags, but sends you a report along with it. When I showed Corvettes it was common practice to have blocks stamped.You had to disclose that fact at the show but still is acceptable.If you are buying a car for investment you need to know what you are looking at. And if you are basing your purchase on the fender tag alone you need to find a new investment.If you buy a car and then after the purchase start questioning the validity of the car or documents shame on you for not doing more homework or asking the right questions before the purchase. Greedy people are just that, and we will never stop them.It does not matter what car manufacture it is this stuff is going on with all of them. I even see some parts cars being sold with all good documents FT BS titles service records window stickers all the time. Ebay just had a 4 speed GTX that was a piece of rust nothing to restore. The ad was very clear as to what he was selling the documents.What do you do?????
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/20/15 09:33 AM

Quote:

Quote:

By that same thinking, EVERY car had a window sticker. That was something that was federally mandated yet a lot of people don't get them.
Posted By: Triggerfish

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/20/15 04:30 PM

I think Larry hit the nail on the head. I've mentioned this before, but a few yrs ago when Mopar prices were crazy high, my bro bought a gorgeous, restored blue 68 GTX from a "high end", dealer who sells on ebay. Paid over $40K for the GTX & I remember the tag catching my eye because the info was so "perfectly" stamped. Some drunk vendor at MATS came up & said it was a fake & was orig gold, but I dissed the guy as crazy. But a few yrs later & 6 months after my bro sold the "GTX" to pay for his daughters college tuition, he got a call from both the new owner & law enforcement detectives asking if he knew the car was a fake... and "dealer" is still selling on ebag so guess he didn't know before he restored the car that it was a fake??? Me, I want a tag on the fender because I think my car looks a bit "naked" without it. Recently got the IMB card & doocumented history on my 64 Belvedere back from Chrysler Historical & was overjoyed to discover its a Lynch Road, 426 Commando 4 spd car & only option was a heater. So I contacted a VERY reputable sponsor of this site & had a couple of tags made. One that from is research looks like what it MAY have come with & another one that's actually going on the fender. If I ever sell the car (hope I never have to), will I disclose the tag's a repop? Absolutely.

Attached picture 8402451-TagforBelvederesmallfile.jpg
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/21/15 03:07 AM

Obviously a fake because of the word BELVEDRE instead of BELVEDERE!

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/21/15 03:19 AM

Cool tag Buzz (and hilarious that they miss-spelled Belvedere)

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/21/15 05:23 AM

Quote:

Cool tag Buzz (and hilarious that they miss-spelled Belvedere)

Ya know, owning a print shop, I'm constantly proofing EVERYTHING & can't
believe I missed this one!... Sure appreciate you guys catching it & also wanted to change the wording a bit anyway, so now this is the reason to do it.. I sure wouldn't wanted to have led some poor Mopar fan to think
it was a REAL, Real Deal!... LOL, think its time for another beer...

Attached picture 8403191-64intow.jpg

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/21/15 05:25 AM

Quote:

Obviously a fake because of the word BELVEDRE instead of BELVEDERE!

Must've had some foreigner working the assembly line that day...LOL,
Lynch road guys can't even spell currectly!
Posted By: Trifecta

Re: Repop fender tag - 01/23/15 01:37 PM

Quote:

Safest method would be to soak it in Evaporust.
I've repaired holes in tags.

Followed your evaporust recommendation. Would be great to kow how you repaired the holes.
Posted By: fc7_plumcrazy

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/01/15 02:14 AM

even though the broadcastsheet has more information of a car compared to the fender tag, I rather have the original fender tag then the Broadcastsheet.

Every car had a Fender Tag so it is part of the car itself to me

Carsten
Posted By: kentj340

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/01/15 06:50 AM

Quote:

how you repair the holes

I used body filler/putty out of a tube. JB Weld might work.
Posted By: jose jones

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/01/15 05:36 PM

A friend of mine purchased a very nice red Hemi RR 4 speed with white guts, He paid big bucks for the car. I looked the car over with basically a magnifying glass, It had the fender tag, It looked legit. He had Galen come to his home to look at the RR. Galen said this car was originally green with a green interior and a column shift automatic transmission. my friend was pissed, He ask Galen how he knew, Galen said I looked at it years ago when it was green with the real fender tag on it. So.... for all you guys saying a fender tag doesn't matter if it's a reproduction. My friend paid a bunch of money for what he thought was a red 4 speed Hemi car, It was still a Hemi car that part is true. But he never would have paid big bucks if he has known it was a green on green column shift automatic. I seriously doubt any of you think a green on green column auto is worth as much as a red 4 speed. The fender tag was redone to sell the car with more desirable options and the make more money on it period. My friend put the car up for sale, telling the truth about how the car was really optioned and took a 50K loss on the car. Many repo fender tags are done to make a car what it isn't to get more money out of it.

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/02/15 03:29 AM

JB Weld epoxy is good for small holes, but for the larger ones, you will want to get good at using silver solder. Epoxy in large rust holes will just pop out -- not so with silver solder. You still need to get the rusty tag really super clean with Evaporust first -- and you will also need to get a dremel and be good with that too. Lots of shaping will need to be done to get it to look really good.
Posted By: mopar346

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/02/15 06:31 AM

One of my favorites.

Attached picture 8445956-IMG_2685.JPG
Posted By: 6PakBee

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/02/15 02:07 PM

Quote:

One of my favorites.

Can't find the attachment.

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/02/15 03:11 PM

Quote:

Quote:

One of my favorites.

Can't find the attachment.

Fised it.

I had a thoguht of making magnetic copies of my tags and screwing them to fender to keep my tags safe.
Posted By: 5571

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/03/15 03:40 AM

Here is a thought:

Do a reproduction of your original tag, do it in aluminum (so its an obvious fake as the original is steel), and put next to it, another optional tag that says (original tag safe at home). I am not sure, but I bet datatags could do that? If you don't have an original tag when you go to sell the car (like some asking how to solve their problem on this thread), the new owner finds out you don't have it, no big deal. But you can enjoy car shows, and don't have to listen to the morons saying 'hey wheres the tags?' this would shut them up.

I have 2 friends with some pretty cool cars and real buildsheets, yet get tired of the critism of no tags, so this what I suggested for them to look into.

If someone is out there dumb enough to buy a car with an ALUMINUM tag, then they are idiots not doing their home work. For me, I could provide my steel original tags if one wanted, and I don't have to worry about some punk taking my tags (which if they got stolen I would be sick). There was a red gtx some kids stole the tags off across the road, while it was sitting outside for a night or 2. Now I read on this thread, someone lost their tags due to theft at a car show. Listen, Chevy guys don't bolt their protecto plates to their inner fender (no way in hell), they put them away in a safedeposit box, with their paper work, while mopar guys leave theirs out there exposed. A protecto plate is like the holy grail of documentation on a chevy, and its no different than a fender tag on a mopar, yet we treat them differently. We should wake up a bit.

The more I think about this, the more I think I want to do it. Going to hide the original tags away, while I enjoy my cars, and can walk away without worrying with the hood up at a show, or parked outside over night sometimes, etc.
Posted By: cudino

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/03/15 05:06 AM

Quote:

A protecto plate is like the holy grail of documentation on a chevy, and its no different than a fender tag on a mopar, yet we treat them differently. We should wake up a bit. The more I think about this, the more I think I want to do it. Going to hide the original tags away, while I enjoy my cars, and can walk away without worrying with the hood up at a show, or parked outside over night sometimes, etc.

I agree 100%. Particularly if it is a rare car, the original FT is far too important and valuable to just leave sitting on a car, secured by only 2 Phillips-head screws. The FT is one of the few parts of a car that is absolutely unique to that particular car, and is therefore irreplaceable. So, for every single one of my rare cars I made a fake/repop tag. The repop goes on the car, and the original is tucked away in a safe, along with all the other paperwork/sheet/etc. Very few bad people would consider stealing one off a car, but I just couldn't stomach the thought of coming back to my car at a car show and find my original FT was missing.

- Wade
Posted By: ek3

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/03/15 05:56 AM

Quote:

Quote:

just a thought... maybe some tags were stamped wrong ? yes ? no / every car had a window sticker yes ? would it not have the ultimate say ? it is the window sticker that has the " as built " , not "to be built" info on it correct ? with respect to tags, sheets ,stickers, were they all subject to mistakes ? I, am not picking on this comment, just curious ...thoughts ?

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/03/15 12:17 PM

if someone has no tag but a broadcastsheet:
Just make a coloured photocopy of it and display it on the dashboard.
So the number crunchers have their fun, too.

Carsten
Posted By: sandbagger

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/03/15 05:33 PM

I have an A12 with broadcast sheet and original fender tag.
I don't know how much a repop tag is but have thought about keeping my original tag with the broadcast sheet and having another made to put on the car.
Opinions?

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 01:52 AM

Quote:

I don't know how much a repop tag is but have thought about keeping my original tag with the broadcast sheet and having another made to put on the car.
Opinions?

I think the only issue with having a repop tag when you have the original is that somewhere someone will register it as a fake tag car and you may be plagued with that down the line even with the original.
Posted By: 72N96RR

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 02:19 AM

I guess I should be thankful that I have a car with all its original rust free metal, the original broadcast sheet and fender tag..Numbers match on every component...Inside and out...Don't have to deal with the scrutiny...
I also considered making a tag with something sarcastic or humorous on it to prevent theft of my original and even some consider that a bad idea...

Attached picture 8448019-1972-plymouth-road-runner-gtx.jpg
Posted By: srt

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 06:06 AM

Quote:

..... The only consolation that came from my deal was the crook lost his shirt when he sold the car.

then there is the issue of a car being created and it's (fake) history perpetuated.
Hopefully the info found it's way to a registry.
There has to be a way to disclose fakes. The chips fall where the will.
Posted By: MrNormsTA

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 06:14 AM

Quote:

Opinions?

Once in a while one will get stolen. If you are worried, take a picture, make a life size copy, glue to a piece of cardboard and put on.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 06:44 AM

If you take your fender tag off and put it someplace for safe keeping, there is probably a better chance that it will get lost at some point, or if something happens to you sometime and your family has to sell your car, they won't know about the original tag, then there is of the tag being stolen at a show.
Better to replace one of the screws for your original tag with a screw with a nut so that it would be difficult for someone to steal. Or use some JB Weld or epoxy or something for that purpose. Anyone who would steal a tag would only do it if they could remove it in a few seconds with a screwdriver.
Posted By: 70440+6bbl

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 06:55 AM

Quote:

If you take your fender tag off and put it someplace for safe keeping, there is probably a better chance that it will get lost at some point, or if something happens to you sometime and your family has to sell your car, they won't know about the original tag, then there is of the tag being stolen at a show.
Better to replace one of the screws for your original tag with a screw with a nut so that it would be difficult for someone to steal. Or use some JB Weld or epoxy or something for that purpose. Anyone who would steal a tag would only do it if they could remove it in a few seconds with a screwdriver.

Exactly...

I have yet to meet someone that actually had their fender tag stolen, but most everyone knows of a friend of a friend that had it happen. However, I know of several "well meaning" knuckle draggers, that took them off for safe keeping and lost the damn thing. That is a waaaayyyyy more likely scenario.
I have driven many A, B and E-bodys to Mopar shows and all make shows, left the hood open and wandered off, with not an issue. IMO, the ricer guys have more to worry about with theft of parts, than the classic car guys.

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 12:33 PM

I am far away being in germany.
But I have never meet someone claiming his tag has been stolen at a car show. I know guys, too that lost it while "safekeeping".

So I am curious if someone really had their tag stolen at a car show?

Carsten

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 04:42 PM

Quote:

I am far away being in germany.
But I have never meet someone claiming his tag has been stolen at a car show. I know guys, too that lost it while "safekeeping".

So I am curious if someone really had their tag stolen at a car show?

Carsten

I've always looked at the "My tag was stolen at a show" deal as an Urban Legend, while I've SEEN and heard first hand of individuals stealing air cleaners, items left inside a vehicle at a show, etc, etc....I ask what "value" does a fender tag have for a thief?, is there a "black market" for hot fender tags?

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 05:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly...

I have yet to meet someone that actually had their fender tag stolen, but most everyone knows of a friend of a friend that had it happen. However, I know of several "well meaning" knuckle draggers, that took them off for safe keeping and lost the damn thing. That is a waaaayyyyy more likely scenario.
I have driven many A, B and E-bodys to Mopar shows and all make shows, left the hood open and wandered off, with not an issue. IMO, the ricer guys have more to worry about with theft of parts, than the classic car guys.

X3 I've lost count of the "fender tag was misplaced during restoration" stories.....usually followed by "I'm sure it'll turn up and I'll send it to you".....which almost NEVER happens.

The JB weld or nut/bolt solution solves the problem AND keeps the tag with the car...which is where it belongs. I have photos of my tag on three separate computers and hosted sites as well as a pencil rubbing at work and at home....I'd say I've got the bases covered.

Dave

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 07:22 PM

Quote:

I have photos of my tag on three separate computers and hosted sites as well as a pencil rubbing at work and at home....I'd say I've got the bases covered.

Dave

You could get them "Tat'ed" for further "safe keeping" and easy reference

Attached picture 8448772-number-tattoo-on-girl-fingers.jpg
Posted By: sandbagger

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 07:38 PM

I've had the car for 10 years now and I see all the points.
I agree that a repopped tag should be clearly defined as such.
Most of us can tell the difference anyways and just as stated if the tag is stolen then it becomes a serious problem because no one believes it and the car is called into question....fake tag doing the same of course.
I have pics of the tag in the safe with the broadcast sheet so I think I'll just keep plugging along for another 10 years.

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 08:29 PM

One more thing, if you ever take your car to the "Professional Restoration Shops" make sure YOU keep your fender Tag/broadcast sheet and any other documentation.

These places only are concerned with your check, not the tags.

Nobody takes care of yours like you.

Been there, done that.

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 09:17 PM

Quote:

One more thing, if you ever take your car to the "Professional Restoration Shops" make sure YOU keep your fender Tag/broadcast sheet and any other documentation.

These places only are concerned with your check, not the tags.

Nobody takes care of yours like you.

Been there, done that.

Excellent advice. When I had my car in the bodyshop, I retained the dash (c/w VIN) and the fender tag and when those items were painted, I dropped them off and picked them up the next day.

Dave
Posted By: cudino

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 09:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

..... The only consolation that came from my deal was the crook lost his shirt when he sold the car.

then there is the issue of a car being created and it's (fake) history perpetuated.

As posted above, how about a color copy of the original FT with the car somewhere for display purposes. Then, instead of your FT or a repop, you've got a custom tag that reads:
"My original tag is safe at home under lock and key."

- Wade

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 10:59 PM

The Illinois Sec. of State investigators showed up at the well known Northern Ill. Resto shop where my Superbird was.

Owner of shop calls me up and says "where is your dash vin plate"?

I said you have it, your boys removed it when the dash frame was repainted and the dash pad was sent out to Just Dash's.

I got in my truck and rushed over. After turning the place upside down we found the vin plate where the owner had put it months ago.

Sec. Of States people left happy.

I pulled my car shortly thereafter.

Owner never learned, as this sort of stuff kept on happening with other customers cars. Titles/B.sheets/fender tags were always being misplaced.

Place went out of business and this was one of many reasons.

Beware of this stupidity and never let it happen to you. Only trust yourself with anything even remotely important or irreplaceable.
Posted By: QuickBpBp

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/04/15 11:21 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I have photos of my tag on three separate computers and hosted sites as well as a pencil rubbing at work and at home....I'd say I've got the bases covered.

Dave

Good idea Mike but for added safety I went a step further and have placed a pencil rubbing of my tag in between the foils of my tin foil hat...

Re: Repop fender tag - 03/05/15 12:40 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Dave

Don't need to; I've memorized mine!

....True story; I have a friend who has his bank account number, SIN, and PIN's tattooed on his body....along with his wife and kid's birthdays and a bunch of other stuff he doesn't want to forget!

Dave
© 2024 Moparts Forums