I would look at this issue another way in a thought experiment. Say you have two identical valuable cars; say a 1971 440 six pack convertible with a four speed, dana rear, shaker hood, power steering, and rim blow steering wheel. Both cars are magically curious yellow. Now one car only has a repop VIN tag on the dash pad and is missing the fender tag, door sticker, and no broadcast sheet. Now the other car has an original VIN tag on the dash pad, broadcast sheet, driver's door sticker, and fender tag.

You've got $750,000 (just stay with me) burning a hole in your pocket, which car would you buy -- and yes, you have verified that both cars have matching number engines and transmissions and there is no question about that.

Without arguing about the value of said car, if both cars asking price was the same at $750,000 and the owners are not willing to move off that price, and you were definitely going to buy one of them, I think I know which one most of us would pick because it would be "worth more" than the other all other things being equal.

Now I'm not saying that the other car is worthless, and I think this is where people without fender tags get upset. The cars are definitely worth something, but compared to a car that has all of this documentation, it will never be worth the same amount. The rare stuff like the car I described above and hemi cars will have the highest differential of pricing with missing documentation. When you go down the food chain, that differential will not be as great -- but you've got to put yourself in the shoes of a potential buyer that understands the documentation thing and if you're asking all the money for a car, and don't have the documentation; this is where you've got to understand the difference between a knowledgeable buyer and someone new to the Mopar car collecting world.

Mark