Quote:

Quote:

So you should only buy a car based only on it having the original fender tag? So that hemi car my neighbor decided to sell that he purchased brand new but lost the fender tag that has 2 build sheets dealer invoice and service records I will need to pass on because for sure he trying to hide something? Sorry but a fender tag should only be part of the consideration when making a purchase. If these tags were very consistent from factory to factory, year after year, and they listed every option that was on the car when built and there was never a mistake made on then I wwere worth their weight in gold. But they are inconsistent they do have mistakes and they are different from factory to factory and they can even be inconsistent from 1 quarter of the to another in given year and most have limited information on them.So how would you know if he created a tag that was right or wrong? Maybe the original one was stamped incorrectly from the factory and the 1 he created was spot on how would know? I buy cars based on what documents are available to me at the time. A fender tag will never stop from buying a car I like be it original missing or one that was made for the car

Nobody is saying not to buy the car....just don't replace the tag.

Same neighbor finds the tag, puts it back on the inner fender, changes the oil and the oil filter is defective and he windows the block....does he find another block and restamp it to make it numbers matching because it isn't his fault?

Or wife cleans up and throws out both his original broadcast sheets...all he has left is a photocopy...does he get a reproduction broadcast sheet made?

I like having the original stuff, it wouldn't stop me from buying a car if the other pieces were good enough to overcome the missing tag.

The car doesn't need the fender tag to function. If it's not there no big deal move on. If you lost your tag that's a shame, if you bought the car without one you knew that going in. Quite simply I don't feel you can right the wrong. You either have the original fender tag or you don't. Just like a engine, tranny, broadcast sheet etc....

Of course the above is just my opinion.

Fake fender tags have been around a long time GTS - Galen Tag Service. I never quite understood why he made them [/quote

Money I believe was the reason.

Getting old just means you were smarter than some and luckier than others.