Quote:

I tried venting out of the fuel pump plate. Even with a Jessel belt and no timing chain it slung so much oil it filled the can in the garage. It now draws from the front of the right valve cover. Can make 25+ passes w/o emptying the tank.
Doug

I ordered the fittings to draw from the plate. I am going to run the hose up and over my alternator and down to the catch can in hopes that gravity will work for me and keep the oil down in the engine but pull pressure out of the crank case. I will have to try and see what happens. If it does not work, new fuel pump block off plate and bungs at the front of the valve covers. Do your bungs have a baffle behind them?

Also, I took the car for a drive last night- it seems after sealing up the crimped areas on the cheap evac breathers, no more oil is leaking out of them. I have hoses on each breather directed under the car. I am going to add the vent from the block off plate just for extra crankcase pressure relief. Also, what I thought was my front pan seal leaking is actually my crank seal- I must have hurt it when I was driving around with the pan evac creating positive pressure in the crankcase. I have an extra one I am going to install when the parts to do the block off plate get here.

I'll report back then as to what happens, but so far it seems I am on the right track.