I am having an issue with oil leaking from my valve covers. It is a 10.5:1 solid roller street/strip small block mopar. I was originally running a PCV from the driver side valve cover to the carb, and a header pan evac setup from the passenger side vc to the header (passenger vc has hole in the back of the cover, driver side in the front, both are baffled). I noticed after making a pass once the car was sitting parked trying to cool down, the baffle for the pan evac had pushed itself up and oil was leaking down slowly from the valve cover hole down on to the headers- the breather had pushed up during the pass, and oil only started seeping after the car was shut off. I cleaned it up and checked for oil pushing past anywhere else, but I found nothing.

I thought maybe the PCV was not helping, so I put a moroso pan evac breather in on the driver side venting to the air, and then had the same issue there after a pass, although not as bad. This resulted in the exhaust huffing out blue smoke as the oil was now going through the pan evac on the one side and burning oil out the exhaust.

My last attempt to fix the problem resulted in me re-installing the pcv since I never had oil seep from it, and removing the hose from breather for the pan evac (although the hose still did suck air it felt with the car running and hand over the hose). I noticed that with both breathers pushed all the way in, they bottomed out on the baffles in the vc- could this be a problem? I thought it might be, so I did not push the breather in as far. This seemed to help for a couple of passes as I had no oil seeping anywhere, but at the end of the day after the car had sat for a while it had seeped some from the now open pan evac breather.

I know I am building excessive crankcase pressure it seems. All of these passes were on the motor, but my rings are gapped for nitrous (Total Seals). These rings were in the motor last year, and had sealed as I had no consumption issues and I was running the one side pan evac other side pcv setup like I started with this year, but the motor was taken apart and the rings re-used (lots of cross hatch on the cylinders still) this year. Is this the product of poor ring seal? Is it because my breather base is touching the baffle? Do I need a vacuum pump or a catch can setup instead. This is a street motor as well, and I noticed a small amount of oil consumption and smoke from the exhaust on only one occasion in particular while out around town last weekend, and now I know where it is coming from. I did a compression test, and all the cylinders were even within 5psi of eachother. I have 70 psi oil pressure cold at idle, gets down to 18 at idle HOT- standard volume pump, .0025 on the rods, .003 on the mains, Mobil 1 15W50 synthetic oil, pressure WOT down track is 60psi

What is my issue? I have been told I will just kill a vacuum pump with my oil consumption and don't need it with standard tension oil rings, and that a catch can won't do anything to help. I am running a 3" x pipe exhaust with bullet mufflers and know the pan evac can work improperly with an exhaust, which is why I pulled the hose, but although that stopped oil going into the exhaust, it is not helping the crankcase pressure issue. HELP