Ok....I finally had a chance to check my compression and my plug condition...

All plugs looked really good. Actually better than I expected.

The compression was fairly consistent in the 180 psi range for all 8 cylinders. I checked each one twice. Anyone care to give me input on that number? Is it good or bad? I think it's probably decent but I don't know that much about the meaningfulness of a certain number.

I checked my carb float level and made a couple small tweaks. They were a tad on the high side. I also change the vacuum secondary spring to the next lighter spring just to see if it would make a difference. I didn't mess with the mixture because my plugs looked so good.

The car will spin tires from a dead stop for about 4 to 6 feet without power braking. I don't guess thats too bad for a 340 and 3:23 gears.

I received the new Turbo Action torque converter this morning. I don't think I will be able to install it this weekend. I may be able to get it done next weekend if my wife doesn't bury me in honey do items. I will let you all know how the TC works for me. I think I am also going to try to find a 3:55 gear set. I may wait unit The Nats and look for one there.

Last edited by Telvis; 07/12/14 08:45 PM.

That's King Weenie to you!