Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm surprised with all the 255/3.23 theorists. I got a similiar mild built 360 with 3.55 and 305's and a tighter converter can't keep the rear tires stuck. Something in the OP's tune is off, I don't see a drive train issue, except the 255's are too narrow.

Same here, pretty stock 340, had 3.55s, now have 3.73 and no problems spinning the tires from a dead stop, and still spinning as car is shifted into 2nd.
Auto with RMVB.

Something else going on, gears or TQ isn't your problem.

Well, for what it's worth, I am a bit on the other side of this 'argument'...360 build here, 165 PSI static compression, Hughes HE3834AL hydraulic flat tappet cam (238/244 dur, .536/.540 lift, 108 LSA), Perfomer RPM intake, ported heads, 2800 stall converter, 3.91 SG rear end and Nitto 275-60-15 tires...no tire spin AT ALL...well, sometimes maybe, but the Nittos grab like crazy...felt the motor was a tad weak in the lower RPM...moved to a Dynamic 3800 stall converter over the winter...in the car now, haven't tested it yet as I'm finishing up the sub-frame connectors install. All converter shops I talked to unanimously stated I had way too little converter for that cam...

Your cam is smaller, and depending on what tire you are running it should spin the wheels at least a tad...but ultimately it's about the combination.

my 360 is close to yours but running a mechanical 6 pack , 3.55, with the same nitto tires. 4,400 dynamic stall. On blacktop bringing it to 3,000 then flooring it roasts the tires all the way to the rev limit and all the way through first into second, on concrete it will lay a good 25' patch.