Quote:

Quote:

I'm surprised with all the 255/3.23 theorists. I got a similiar mild built 360 with 3.55 and 305's and a tighter converter can't keep the rear tires stuck. Something in the OP's tune is off, I don't see a drive train issue, except the 255's are too narrow.

Same here, pretty stock 340, had 3.55s, now have 3.73 and no problems spinning the tires from a dead stop, and still spinning as car is shifted into 2nd.
Auto with RMVB.

Something else going on, gears or TQ isn't your problem.

Well, for what it's worth, I am a bit on the other side of this 'argument'...360 build here, 165 PSI static compression, Hughes HE3834AL hydraulic flat tappet cam (238/244 dur, .536/.540 lift, 108 LSA), Perfomer RPM intake, ported heads, 2800 stall converter, 3.91 SG rear end and Nitto 275-60-15 tires...no tire spin AT ALL...well, sometimes maybe, but the Nittos grab like crazy...felt the motor was a tad weak in the lower RPM...moved to a Dynamic 3800 stall converter over the winter...in the car now, haven't tested it yet as I'm finishing up the sub-frame connectors install. All converter shops I talked to unanimously stated I had way too little converter for that cam...

Your cam is smaller, and depending on what tire you are running it should spin the wheels at least a tad...but ultimately it's about the combination.