Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Can anybody plot the range and trajectory of a carburetor after it goes thru the hood under a 10 PSI of boost backfire? 20 PSI?

What would the effect be steel vs 'glass hood, right vs left carb?

Seriously, quickd100 has had some success blowing up a 318 with a draw thru running a single Thermoquad and making the numbers you are looking for and then some.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post8039781

Kevin

I found if you use the Mopar factory accelerator cable will keep it from going very far.
Doug

Thats cheating you got one of them fancy intakes thats made to blow apart.

But fine i get it and i like my bulg hood.
Any suggestions on a decent affordable pump, regulator and any any other stuff i'll need to go Blowthrough? You guys nag more than my wife.

Seems like cost is a huge factor. Don't know how low buck you could complete a hack job turbo setup because it's not how I operate, but I can tell you if you choose a cast 4.000 crank from Ohio, Scat I beams, and KB hyper pistons that stroker project for the 360 block wouldn't be too pricey granted you've got heads that could support it. By the mention of go fast parts I'm guessing you've got decent cylinder heads, and if you do why did you put them on a short block so low in compression?

Bought it that way. I was told it had 10.1:1 ross pistons in it, wrong. Pistons are .092 in the hole with 72cc chambers in the heads and a .056 thick head gasket 4.060 bore. I've got a whopping .017 piston to valve clearance on the intakes, the heads are 360 j's with 2.02 intake and stock exhaust. They never even swapped out the exhaust seats, they were hammered and the original reason it came apart. The .528 solid cam is the only reason it lives, i shift at 6800 and i've beat the crap outta it with no issues yet....