Quote:

Stock lower end so i figured i'd be nice to it, 500 will be plenty for a 2900 pound street car...for now.

I'll let you weigh it when you're done... but you're right 500hp is safe on the stock lower end as long as you’re careful with the tuneup (boost/timing/fuel).

Quote:

I have a 360 block waiting but money is tight and i figured i'd get the bugs worked out first, new to boost don't need to scatter a good block.

Nothing wrong with the 318. It will require just a little bit more RPM then the 360, but it will make plenty of power. Lots of 302/331 mustangs out there making 1000+ hp. The only benefit of the 360 block is the bigger main if you're going to run a cast crank. And it will spool slightly better because of the bigger engine size. But nothing to worry about.

Quote:

I want the twins for the cool factor nothing else,

Nothing wrong with that. Just know you're in for more fab, more money, etc... You can easily meet your goals with one small turbo and less work, but I get it. My motor would be a lot faster in an A-body too… different is ok.

Quote:

i'm doing a twin carb draw through. I already have 2 complete turbo units from a couple old Buicks to get the carb manifolds(liquid cooled). Blow through is not an option please don't beat that Horse

I am more than happy to beat this dead horse to save you despite yourself... lol

Think about this REAL hard for a second. If you're already defending this because EVERYBODY is telling you not to do it...you should have a DAMN good reason not to go blowthru. And "cool factor" is certainly not a good enough reason. Drivability, power, difficulty to tune, and most importantly the ability to get help from people, all outweigh whatever reason you think you should do drawthrough!!!!!

If this is your first turbo project, and you’re still asking simple questions about A/R and sizing, you’re probably not in a position to try something extremely difficult, and outside the mainstream.

Do yourself a favor and build it blow through. The project will be complicated enough as it is, and you will have a steep learning curve just to make a conventional turbo deal work. There is no good reason that you would want to make this 10x harder on yourself. You’ll end up frustrated with a pile of broken parts.

Isn’t a twin turbo 318” cool enough? LOL