Quote:

I looked over your pictures. You still have a ladder frame with no provisions to prevent racking. That's where your rectangle turns into a diamond.

Look at the frame in a 38 Plymouth in the link , see the big X in the middle, that is crossbracing.

raising the rack rather than a tall stack of a bumpsteer fix would have been smarter. Cantilevering the outer tierod end is a poor substitute, look up cantilever I do not have time to explain the English language to you.

What about the ackermann? It appears in the pictures that the outer tie rods are inboard the ball joints, not proper in a front steer.

My definition of a scrub line is the same as the world's. If I have to define it for you then you don't know it. If you don't know it did you account for it? scrub line

By the pictures I saw, Scrub line was pretty good, that's not something you can accurately see from the pictures provided. Beside that, in this day and age, there are a lot of buyers that would lower things so they could scrape frame.

5 link, if you don't know what it is why are you in the chassis business? 5 LINK - 101

Got the DOT approval letter on those rod ends? I'm guessing no, not really guessing though.

ASE, the state requires the inspection by an ASE certified master mechanic to title a kit car build. I do not care if you ever heard of them as it appears there is much you have never heard of. I do not care if you "trust" one to do a safety inspection as it appears you are pretty much slapping stuff together as cheaply as possible and calling it "good".

What it really looks like to me is that you got yourself a copy of how to build your own T bucket frame and used that as your basis for this chassis.

1) I had an 80 Dodge 4x4 that diamonded when it got wrecked, and there isn't much bracing to prevent my 93 Dakota ladder frame from diamonding in a crash either. Dodge, and a lot of other manufacturers have been making straight ladder frames for years, that is a pretty lame excuse.

2) It sounds like this has already been addressed, but even if not, it can be easily addressed. This would not be a deal breaker to me.
I don't see how you can clearly say if the Ackerman is good or not by the pictures provided, angles are just not right to clearly see.

3) By the pictures I saw, Scrub line looks pretty good, that's not something you can accurately see from the pictures provided. Beside that, in this day and age, there are a lot of buyers that would lower things so they could scrape frame.

4) Why didn't you just say 4 link with a panhard bar? Beside that, all I saw was a 4 link.

5) Really? Even the NSRA allows those tie rod ends through their inspection if a washer is present. Most states accept NSRA safety inspection as a legal inspection process, I'm sorry for you that Texas is not among them.

6) I gave up my ASA cert when I gave up wrenching for a living because of a health issue. You have pretty bold talk for someone who really doesn't have any idea who you are speaking with. Having spent many hours with ASA certified Techs, I can tell you I have little faith in the testing system. The fact that Texas seems to think so highly of a set of papers, kind of bothers me just a little, but it is what it is. I'm curious what kind of Doc you think I should be seeing? A guy like me might be doing the safety inspection on your next car.....

So, when do we get to inspect the frames you build? Since you can clearly see what's wrong with what everyone else does, the frame you build must be perfect, and you need to show us so the rest of us can come up to speed. Have you ever built one from scratch? Gene