Quote:

Quote:

Now here's a car that was un-personalized to increase its value, the 2,010 mile HemiCuda:

http://www.rkmotorscharlotte.com/sales/inventory/active/1971-Plymouth-Cuda/133269#!/

Scroll half way down, just below the very long list of option codes, to read what the original owner's personalizations were, and why, sort of.

The original factory fluids still in the engine is a bit too much originality, though.

Maybie I shouldn't, but I HAVE to respond to this. Let me first say that I respect ALL of the opinions stated here. Second, I hesitate to tell this as I don't want to disrespect the owner of the car mentioned above. But here it is. Last year, I attended the Street Rod Nationals, South East in Knoxville, TN. I was encouraged by friends to enter as 1966 cars were now "welcome". There was no parking your trailer and driving your car 100' for it to sit all weekend and then drive back to the trailer, oh no, these cars are strictly driven, EVERYWHERE.

So the wife, dog and I make the trip. I took up a company on the offer of a free weight of our car. (turns out it was 4175lb.). While waiting in line a gentleman and his friend asked about the car. He informed me that he owned a HEMI Cuda. I asked why he would be interested in my tribute to one of 3 66'Coronet HEMI convertables? His answer was that he was the owner of the "Reynolds Cuda" and that he wanted a HEMI car that he could drive! I was in shock and didn't say anything. Did I make an error? Most certainly.

The point is, and relative to this post, even with arguably the most desirable Mopar in existence, a clone car is still desirable as it can be DRIVEN! So, even if you have the most documented, original Mopar on the planet, there can still be the desire to DRIVE IT! Not wanting to devalue a once in a lifetime car, there IS room for personal interpretation of what Ma Mopar should have, could have produced with today's electronic ignition, Firm Feel steering and handling and etc in the form of a "tribute",and just enjoying driving your own rendition of a rare Mopar for a great weekend with the wife and dog!

You have a beautiful car. I had the opportunity to have a good look at the Reynolds Cuda when Steven J. owned it and it is, IMO, the most desireable Mopar on the planet. I don't blame any owner for preserving it in the best manner possible....in fact Steven told me that he hadn't sat in it.

I have no problem with Tributes, clones or whatever moniker you want to hang on them but I would point out that the extreme measures taken to preserve cars like the hemicuda referenced above should be reserved for the survivors and perhaps the very, very high end restos. I don't see a problem driving my restored Superbee even with it's #'s 440-6 in place. Although anything can happen, I restored it once and (in theory anyway) I can do it again so I have no problem driving it and even racing it.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]