Quote:

Do you think that the way we restore cars are a true representation of what they were?

With all due respect I say no you are not, You are re-writing history, all of our cars are better than new! Where are the crappy runs and missing paint, bad panel alignment, etc.

We would like them to be that way but they are not true representations of what they were, they are only original once I say that survivor cars are the only ones that can be "historic"
justify it all you want, all of those crazy restoration items and processes are for personal satisfaction or financial gain or ??? but not for historical anything

Bullcrap; Though you obviously won't understand, everyone has already told you why we do it and for most people it has NOTHING to do with money. My interest is in factory musclecars and the history of the cars and period in automotive history. I've tried to restore my car to original condition but have made a few changes and compromises on the way (can't justify that $1,700.00 hanger). Each restoration is different and some truly are almost exactly "as delivered". The talent and cost to get to that level isn't something everyone can do....the rest of us simply do the best we can.

It sounds like your perspective is that since no restoration is as accurate as a mint survivor, we shouldn't try and might as well start bolting on tunnel rams and fender flares.....well, that's something that *I* admit I can't understand and would never do...but I don't start a thread asking what the heck you were thinking doing something like that to your car.

Every so often on of these threads come up and my thoughts are that they are most often posted by somebody with a chip on their shoulder....as others have stated, I'm not sure why it bothers people so much how others choose to enjoy their hobby.

Dave

1970 Super Bee 440 Six Pack 1974 'Cuda 2008 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Ram 3500 Diesel 2004.5 Ram 2500 Diesel 2003 Ram 3500 Diesel 2006 Durango Limited [url] http://1970superbee.piczo.com [/url]