Quote:

What do you guys get out of building these "restorations" with the chalk marks and paint daubs and the "arguments" of this part needs a screw with three lines and that part should only have paint on two thirds of the left corner. etc. etc. etc.

I know that the big dollar rare cars are done that way for resale and trophies (the car itself) for private collections and some are investments.

Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of them and I personnaly would not do that type of restoration (unless I was being paid to)

But what do you guys get? is there a sense of being better than other cars done with someones own style or thought, I just don't get it why you guys are willing to pay STUPID prices for a part because it has the right date and chalk mark and still use imported Chinese crap for parts that are not available.

Don't say that don't happen. how many of these cars have repop parts right next to a overpriced 45 yo part that has been in a box.

It takes time/knowledge and hard work to get a car back to factory condition. Satifiction and much more knowledge when its accomplished.
Everyone cant do it,but its not for everyone either.