Quote:

Right I didn't pose the question to get anyone bent out of shape, I know why I choose to build/fix/restore/ modify car the way I do. And I am very appreciative of the 1000 point restorations, not just on muscle cars but all cars, and airplanes and motorcycles for that matter.

I am not bashing or bothered or jealous or anything eles .. I am very glad you guys do whwt you do. I love seeing them finished, just wanted to know the motivation behind the extremes that some go to. henry

It was easy to modify these cars 45 years ago. Install mag wheels, pitch steel wheels. Install chrome valve covers and air cleaner, throw out stock parts, headers...get rid of the manifolds, let's put in a cam and now we found a 26" radiator on a 71 Chrysler at the junk yard. Now, 45 years later, let's put it back original. It's a challenge and not for the average guy. Personally, over the years, I've gone from stock to full race to modified show car and back to fully restored original. I never felt so good about my car as when it was all back to original configuration. For me, it's a sense of accomplishment that I never had racing or showing it as a custom car even when I had a Hemi in it.