Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Yes I did have the infamous rear seal issues but I went to the 440source billet retainer with the Viton seals. Bone dry now for over a year. I guess I am one of the lucky ones now in that regard.

I have been using the Viton rear main seals, and they seem to seal really well. A bit pricy but worth it not to have oil leaks. The 440 source billet retainer is ok, it sat slightly lower than my oil pan rail, but sealed up fine.

Not sure why some don't like loctite on the bolts? There is very little torque to hold the bolts from loosening. The stainless ARP bolts seem to loosen easier than the stock bolts, maybe the rolled threads are too smooth, or the smooth bolt head on a smooth washer? Either way, not much friction to keep the bolt in place so I use some loctite, no big deal.

For what it's worth I was at a Loctite clinic about 20 years ago and was told by a Loctite tech person that there thread lockers would not work on a stainless steel fastener. Maybe now days they have a product. Anyone ever here of this?

Dan.

I'm not sure it works the same on stainless as it does on regular steel, but after it drys (turns like chalky white?) it does add some resistance to loosening. The bolts can still be loosened with a wrench pretty easy. I just used the ARP bolts because they came in the engine bolt kit, but the Mopar ones from Mancini (there is a link in another post) I think would work better. It looks like they have a larger captured washer, and come with thread locker already applied.