Quote:

Or as close to as possible...

I have a nice weekend here and I wanted to see what you guys recommend I do to seal my oil pan up for good. I had paid a mechanic to replace my old oil pan as I could never quite get it to seal...always seemed to weep.

Of course my body guy wasn't careful and dented the crap out of my oil pan on a lift...

Over last summers many changes, I replaced the oil pan in my car with anew 6 qt Milodon street Hemi pan. I had the Jegs molded composite windage tray ready to go in when I found that they sent me one for a stock stroke. I needed a 4.15 stroke version. It looks to be a winner though. It has soft rubber ribs on each side of the gasket surface and installs in one shot. The old style Block-gasket-steel tray-gasket-oil pan looks totally crude by comparison. I was in a hurry to get the car back together so I sent the Jegs one back and went with the gasket sandwich style. Yeah, it weeps a bit of oil but oddly, the leak isn't at the rear main area. I get it near the timing cover/oil pan connection. What is strange is that this has happened before even with a different oil pan and timing cover.
I've tried looser bolt torque, more bolt torque, smearing RTV on clean surfaces...I see many guys running oil free engines and also wonder what I've done wrong.