Oil pan is brand new so should be flat. My windage tray is a bit banged up but I straightened it a bit with a ball peen hammer and a 2x4.

Has nobody here used the Permatex High Tack Sealant? They mentioned it by name in the Haynes Manual I have. That and just a dab of RTV in the four corners where the rear seal retainer and timing chain cover meet up with the block.

Why I am shying away from the RTV is the fact that I lathered both gaskets (cork) when I did this before and it leaked like crazy. Apparently I did something wrong or RTV just isn't what I should be using.

Thanks for all the advice so far! I have the oil pan off and will try to button it up tomorrow!

P.S. I do love the Jegs idea but I saw some bad press about the quality and fitment here a year or so ago when those came out. That is a fabulous idea they have if they can pull it off. I want to make sure they get the bugs out and get the fitment right before I sink $85 for the stroker version and the time to drop all this steering again.