Quote:

Last design we used on Tim's Valiant was an aluminum spacer and delrin ends. There wasn't much slop with that setup.

http://www.moparmusclemagazine.com/techa...track_day_prep/

I believe it! Was this picture at ride height or at full droop?

My issue was at ride height, the LCA bracket wasn't on plane with the sway bar. When I tightened everything down, the ride height raised an inch! The bushings were forcing the LCA mounting point on plane, which was forcing the LCA down.

Any bushing is going to impart extra roll resistance the further it gets away from parallel. If I had a bigger TB, and the sway bar mounting points were on plane with each other at ride height, then I wouldn't 'need' the pivoting links. But, given the factory sway bar LCA mounting points are 'on plane' at factory ride height, it's a given that they will be angled at anything lower. Of course, if you mount your own mounting points on the LCA's, you can weld them on plane at ride height, and it won't be as big of an issue. You WILL incur extra roll resistance the further you get from ride height die to 'binding' roll bar bushings, though I don't know how much (in my application, it changed the ride height 1", which is very significant).

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course