posting this for our N/ss director

After months of stories, rumors, half-truths, and misleading statements, here are the facts as I have them. First, I and others have made multiple attempts to reach Scott S. for comment to no avail. Last Thursday, Jeff Burk and I stopped by Gateway on our way to the Indy Swap Meet. Chris Blair [Head man at Gateway] graciously met with us for 30 minutes. Chris stated in no uncertain terms that there not only is no contract with Scott S., there is nothing in the works. He also said that Scott was made aware a long time ago that the Sept. weekend he has advertised was not available. He was given two other possible weekends, but never responded back. Since then, those dates are now under contract for other events. The track has had no direct talk with Scott for some time now. Chris has left messages for Scott with no response. At this point and time there is no Mopar Event scheduled for Gateway for 2014. It is highly unlikely that this will change. In December, Scott S. called me and said that the event was a done deal. I have known Scott for more than 25 years and saw no reason to doubt his word. Because of this, I posted the information he had given me on this web site and on Facebook. I made phone calls to many people to pass the word. Apparently I passed on wrong information and for this I am sorry. I can not speak for Scott or explain his reasons for what has happened. I believe Scott should be the one to do that. For more than 25 years he has been an important figure in the Mopar community. His Monster Mopar Event was a must attend on everyone's calendar. I always enjoyed this event and even had one of my greatest racing victories there. This was always one of my favorite weekends of the whole year. I feel it is a shame that it has come down to this. I am very impressed with the improvements that have been done to Gateway. I also believe that Chris Blair is doing a wonderful job of running the facility. His track record speaks for itself. I look forward to working with him and his staff at both of our Victory NSS Races this year. I hope and believe that in the future there will be a Mopar Event at Gateway in years to come. The Mid-west Mopar community deserves it and Gateway is the perfect facility to do it. The past is the past, but future will be the future! I hope this sheds some light on this topic. I will try to stay out of the rumor business in the future. The Victory NSS Schedule is a great one with two stops at Gateway. I can't wait, let's go racing!
Chris Schneider

Victory NSS Series Director