Hey guys, I appreciate all the responses and input!

My block has had all the oiling mods done to it that I know of (I followed Guitar Jones very informative post on forabodiesonly.com about this...here is the great post if anyone is interested http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=103623&page=2).... I do have an oil crossover tube in the lifter gallery, and I also drilled a bunch of 3/8 holes up there as well to help improve oil drain back. My lifter bores are stock, and have never had a hone down them EVER. I am running standard sealed power cam bearings with no groove, and full groove mains (Clevite .001” thinner series only came in full groove, although I prefer half groove mains). I am running Comp Cams standard flat tappet lifters- not sure if they are solid or barbell to be honest as I have no idea what differentiates the two styles.

To be honest, I never poured my pan, and I should have...Brian at IMM mentioned for me to do this, and newbie me never really understood what that meant. So I do have my dipstick calibrated to the stock replacement 360 pan I had on this thing from the first motor I built. That said, Brian has told me on more than one occasion, and I do trust him, that it is very easy to overfill the Kevko pans (This is not the big road racing one, just the standard type they sell, I think 301 or 302 part number?). Last year I ran the 5 quarts, it showed full on my dipstick, and I never had any oil pressure or bearing problems. This year with 5 quarts and the remote filter the dipstick read low, so I added until it was full, which I attribute to the -10 lines and remote filter setup obviously. I wish I had actually poured this thing, but at this point I really won’t or don’t know what it holds, and the only thing I can try is as suggested pulling a quart of oil out and seeing what happens. As far as what the oil pan manufacturer says, I just looked now on their site, and it says 5 quarts in the pan, which if that is correct, then my dipstick is calibrated ok to the pan since it read full last year with 5 quarts in it (http://www.kevkoracing.com/mopar.htm). I would be curious to know what you guys with Kevko pans are running for oil amount. Was going to try dropping a quart out of it today, but its raining now and for tomorrow also.

As for the oil pressure at idle...my idle does not get under 20psi until I am at about 230 degrees or hotter for oil temp...otherwise it is between 20-30psi depending on temperature. Maybe im over monitoring all of this, but I would rather ask questions and worry a little too much so I can save my junk instead of blowing it up and learning in silence lol.

One thing that I did want to ask though- at idle, is it normal for pressure to jump around a 5psi window? Motor did that last night for a little bit, but driving it held pressure fine...shut car off for a couple of hours, drove it again for about 45 minutes, and it never did it again...It’s a brand new Auto Meter liquid filled gauge, so just wondering what the hell was going on there and if I should be alarmed or not?