Quote:

And you havent run the adapters with biscuit mounts, have you Wade?

Yes, I have actually. And I said so above. Alex's 68 RR and Steve's 66 Charger - both biscuit. We all live in Houston, and I helped both drop their motors in.

Quote:

Wade - Im not sure why you are trying to allude to my experiences somehow being down to user error?

I'm not trying to allude anything of the sort - I think your builders did a great job on your build. I'm just clarifying for those reading this thread that you do not have first hand experience with the TTI headers, and your first hand experience with the TTI mounts was using them on a right hand drive Australian built mopar.

You say the k member mounts are the same, and maybe it is, but I feel the general moparts reader deserves to know your car is RHD & built in Australia so they can make their own call.

Quote:

And FWIW...at the beginning, I torqued the pan bolts to factory spec....as per the manual and it leaked....end of story.

I will acknowledge I didnt go too hard with the RTV though....so maybe that was it....but when we checked the pan rail...it wasnt real straight......probably caused by me over-torquing the bolts trying to stop the leak.

This is the reason for the leak, and is the location RTV is needed. The ribs don't match the pan rail. I run a bead stretching three bolts holes:

Quote:

We're here to share experiences arent we?

I agree. So share your experiences or link posts of the experiences of others. Just please don't make blanket statements, as that's not a fair shake for the manufacturer of the parts.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course