Quote:

Quote:

Fabien,

I'm guessing your friend has the Wilwood kit with parking brake shoes in the rotor hat.

Yep, that's the one. Wilwood kit 140-7144 .

Quote:

Did you install the snap ring directly against the housing end? Unfortunately, Wilwood's instructions don't mention you must use the 5 hole retainer that comes with the bearings as a shim to properly space the axles away from the differential internals. Otherwise, constant preloading will destroy the wheel bearings.

Ooops! you're right, we never used this retainer (thanks Wilwood). We'll try and see what happens.

Thanks Cass!

Edit :
when we installed the kit, the axles did not touch each other. Where would the preloading come from? is the housing not deep enough for the bearing?

Looks like I have some work to do. I have the same Wilwood kit and never driven it. I have just rolled it from spot to spot. I noticed recently a screeching noise. I bet it is already screwed up because I didn't use this 5 hole spacer.

Dr. Diff, how much are your Green Bearings and do they come with the 5 hole spacer? Can I just buy the 5 hole spacer if the bearings aren't torn up? I have just pushed it to and fro a total of 100 yards in the past year.

70 'cuda: ProCharged 408, Tremec 5 speed, S60,triangulated 4 link, Hydroboost and Wilwoods