I'm in agreement with the Doc all the way. I have seen many ruined tapered bearings ( going back 40 years), most due to so called professional ( however generic make ) mechanics improperly adjusting, or installing all components with the tapred bearings. By the way, I just had a call yesterday from a local alignment and repair shop needing an E body axle for a customer, because they ruined one improperly installing a tapered bearing axle. Stupid , but real life ! I have also had experience with the different versions of the Green bearings, and agree that the snap ring version the Doc recommends work well. I have found them very usefull in custom situations, and where other coponents are missing or not available as needed with the tapered bearing. i have also run the Greens for many thousans of trouble free miles on the street ! Under ideal conditions the tapered will probably hold more load. Under real world installation and use on our automobiles, the Greens are probably the best choice 9 out of 10 times. I have been successful with installation of both many times, but I will take the Greens most the time !

------------------------ It doesn't matter what you do.........As long as you look good doing it !