Ok boys here we are. I didnt want to drill the air bleed by pass in the base plate because I wanted to be able to put the carb back to normal so I did drill the throttle blades.

I started at 1/16 which didnt do boo.

I moved up to 1/8 because when I unplugged the pcv hose and cranked out the idle mixture screws it responded with more idle speed.

What I ended up with was 9/64 holes and somewhere between 2.5 and 3.25 turns on the idle mixture with an idle of 850rpm. I also have less than .035 (give or take, its hard to hold a carb upside down and compare with a feeler gauge) of transfer slot exposed, just barely over square. The car seem to be happy, so am I.

I will take it for a long drive later this week and update more.

Again my original was 1.5 turns on mixture screw at 850rpm but with over half of the transfer slots exposed.

Im sure I could drill some tubes, but I think essentially I am doing the same thing only not messing with the other circuits or transition into those circuits by not drilling out the bleeds on the low and high speed.

No matter how you look at it, it takes a certain amount of air+fuel to equal speed.

Last edited by kilroy; 06/26/12 01:25 AM.