I have done alot of research on this particular case and here is what I have discovered with you only running 7-8 inches of vacuum your TQ now thinks it is on a much smaller engine. Carter and Edelbrock carbs. were designed to run with 12 inches on up. The reason your idle is so low is because your not pulling in enough air and gas into the intake thru your idle circuts. The idle air bleeds are too small and you would most likely have to go to bigger jets to compensate for the low vacuum that is not pulling enough fuel thru. Also depending on which springs you have in the TQ you will have to go to probably the 3 or four inch and not the orange which is rated at 5 inches which may cause your rods to lift up some at idle and then will be bypassing the idle circuts. So drilling the plates is the most likely thing to do but your not doing anything to the fuel thing just the air thing. Does any if this make sense? And by the way, I have a 94 Chrysler Power magazine that has an article on Big Cam Blues. If I could post this entire article I would, it is very helpfull!