Well damaging the engine is exactly what I'm afraid of. I have a lot invested in this engine. Today I added the Holley regulator and permenant gauge. Fuel pressure leveled off to 6-6.5 psi and not 10 and ranging wildly. Took it on its 1st real test drive today. It hooks up well and is crazy fast. Makes my other six pack Bee feel like an old truck. It's only lightly modified. We also have a 08 Shelby cobra GT500 convert with a Super Snake conversion 650 hp. I was convinced this new Bee would not keep up with the Cobra. Now I'm not so sure. After running long enough to heat up the O2 sensor it still reads 10:1 air/fuel ratio. It's still rich. The other Bees carbs are still on it. MSD and modified carbs come tomorrow. Carb shop said the new carbs power valve was damaged or not working??? Still I can't understand why my other Bee does not run rich but the new Bee with the 543" stroker does,,,,,,with those same carbs. More trial and error tomorrow. Question #2 is how much can we run this thing rich testing before we damage the engine like the last poster said?
Thanks for the help.