Yes, I'm resurrecting this thread because I have a new Bill Mitchell aluminum big bore RB block, and it's the foundation for a 541 6bbl build. Mostly street cruising including Power Tour desires, other highway trips, stop and go traffic, and definitely 1/4 mile grudge racing.
All for fun. Keeping the 6bbl is a MUST, my personal choice. All 3 Holley carbs are modded with Promax parts, everything except the fuel bowls. That will make tuning changes easier. Innovate Motorsports 2 channel wideband O2 sensor system is onboard and works GREAT.
It seems to me like running TF240s on a 541 wouldn't make sense, so I'm planning on the 270s. Goal is 700 ft lbs torque across as flat and wide an RPM range as possible and let the horsepower fall where it will. I'm hooked on my N96 hood, so I'm inclined to run the Modman intake with the 6bbl top and port it to MW port size for the 270s.
Chassis, suspension, and drivetrain already setup for the power of the stroker. I'm running a Passon Performance 855 5 speed.
All comments welcome.
Thanks.