Quote:

Mark,
The Allstate has been sitting since 1981? Wow! I did some racing in the 70's and 80's. It seems different now. I go out with my buddy and his 59 Super Gas Vette and it seems like we just sit and wait. I think you have the right idea with a street/strip car. Keep the pics coming!
Arno

Arno,
Yes it hasn't run since "81"! Obviously that is a long story. But I have owned the car since "69" so, it is actually even longer!
A lot of stuff happens in that time span. I had a guy install a back half to up date the rear. I painted his race car in trade. Well, I wound up cutting that out and tossing it. Then I fabricated a steel dash over electrical conduit. A lot of curves and contours. Then found out that wasn't legal! So I cut it out and tossed it!
My partner sold the BBC engine,and so on. So,,, I started over again. My fiance' said I should build the Hemi if that is what I really wanted. I ordered an empty block from Thousand Oaks California, and would order more parts as I raised the money for them. I finished it, and two years ago I sold it and built a bigger one. I ordered an Alston rear ladder bar kit, but sold it, to a friend. I then ordered a pre-welded frame from Art Morrison about 1997 with Pinto type suspension.I didn't want to build a jig to square and level a home built frame, and I didn't really know how.
You can see this was a slow process. I tried to perfect each part of the car as I went. Then, as it was pointed out to me, I was not going to finish the car in this lifetime, if I kept doing things that way. So.... I have relaxed the standard, somewhat in an effort to finish the car , and have some fun with it.
Like you said Arno, when I went to the strip with a friend, there was a hole lot of waiting to make a pass! It will be much different from the last time, for sure.

Mark

1996 Ram 1500 Sport
1968 road runner
1952 Sears Allstate licensed, pump gas, Hemi 5.98 @ 115.73 1.33 60 ft. The best is yet to come. Painless Performance / Street RODDER magazine Top 100 for 2019