Quote:

thanks for the pic mark. i thought you had a flange in there some place to have the tunnel lay on, but i wasn't sure how wide it was. the stuff ed linked from mcmaster should work good provided the "bulb" portion doesn't "lift" the tunnel tin and prevent it from laying as it should. a fire retardent seal would be good, but is it really necessary ? the factory removable tinwork for the trans tunnels in pickups was usually just sealed with dumdum or some other gooey stuff. i don't think it was anything special as far as being fire retardent. just throwing this out there.

Eric,
You bring up some good points. Actually the tunnel doesn't fit evenly with the flange all the way around. I am hoping that a seal might help even it out some.
I guess it really would not have to be flame retardent, I was thinking what NHRA techs might complain about. But, most likely, they will be more concerned with my age!
Thanks Eric,
Mark

1996 Ram 1500 Sport
1968 road runner
1952 Sears Allstate licensed, pump gas, Hemi 5.98 @ 115.73 1.33 60 ft. The best is yet to come. Painless Performance / Street RODDER magazine Top 100 for 2019