Quote:

got some shop time in yesterday[finally] and fabbed up a couple of rear chassis supports for the humpback. these go from the "z" above the rear to the part of the rails that drop directly behind the rear. this will stiffen this area considerably. it will also be used to mount a pr. of snubbers for the axle tubes at full compression. i haven't got those yet, so i'll have to wait to see what the snubber attachment method will be. i'm inclined to think a simple internal "nut plate" will suffice for that. i had to clearance the side of the tube for shock spring clearance, as i have the shocks as far apart as i could get them packaged in the chassis. another thought i had was to incorporate mounts for an anti-roll bar on these tubes in case i decide to utilize one in the future. they would go between the clearance pocket and the center upright.

Eric,
I am having a little trouble picturing exactly what you are making, BUT,,, you are doing an impressive job of it! Very nice, neat, fabrication and welding!
Mark
P.S. Glad to see you working on the "Humpster" again!

1996 Ram 1500 Sport
1968 road runner
1952 Sears Allstate licensed, pump gas, Hemi 5.98 @ 115.73 1.33 60 ft. The best is yet to come. Painless Performance / Street RODDER magazine Top 100 for 2019