Quote:

Quote:

buy a cheap summit 2.5" system. when you step things up buy there cheap 3" system. the tti stuff is super nice, i have 2 sets of there headers but its hard to justify the price of the exhuast systems for what it is.

I understand this fully. I am not knocking it. I am only quoting your post because it is a common thought. I am not trying to single you out.

I have played around with doing things a little cheaper. Heck a built a space saver spare from cheap junk in my garage. I find that most of the time you will wish you got the good stuff or end up buying it in the end. You will have spent all that money for the good stuff plus all that money for the bad stuff that you end up replacing.

Never be afraid to buy the best stuff. You will never be disappointed and you will never have to explain to someone why you didn't.

My father used to like to say: If you are not doing it whole fast, you will be doing it half fast.

Just my two cents.

i build my own exhuast systems, usually pretty comparable in price to the summit stuff but i get them to fit how i want. on my dart with the 431, my headers have a 3.5" outlet, i built a 3.5" X pipe, made long 3.5 to 3" reducers into 3" ultra flows, 3" tail pipes with 12" long bullit mufflers, out into 3" stainless factory looking tips. its fairly quiet for what it is, and with the tips you dont know what size pipe it is. on my duster with the 400 i did a 3" summit x pipe because it was cheaper than making my own, i then reduced it to 2.5" into super turbos and out the back into factory looking 2.5" stainless tips. i installed one of those summit systems on a nova and it fit really good. all 16 guage tubing. mandrel bent. i would go with one of the summit systems over an exhuast shop, it isnt comparable to a tti system but it is a decent option. depending on the car there are other options out there.