Quote:

I say find a local gearhead exhaust shop and have them bend up a 2.5 system. No reason to donate $$$$$ to TTI when you can get a full custom system made local. You are in MI, shouldn't be hard to find a guy.

Thats a bad idea. You will save money, well... you MAY save money, but it WILL be slower and less efficient. The local guy, like pretty much every other local guy with a press bender will likely make a mess out ov things and charge you for gold. A 2 1/2" pipe on some ov the more extreme kinks will be bent down to close to 2" in some parts... which means you'll be essentially running a 2" to 2 1/4" system... which is way too small for a 383.

Press bends are obsolete... out with the $12 glasspacks and sheetmetal header flanges. Mandrel systems are getting pretty cheap... cheaper than local shops press-bend systems most ov the time.

To the original poster - the quality should be comparable across the board, cost is something you'll have to shop around for, and sound... sounds is something YOU have to decide. Its a personal thing. If you need to hear the different mufflers, spend an hour on YouTube and you can find pretty much any combo ov car, engine size, muffler, etc. I like Spintech or Borla. Magnaflow flow very well, and are quiet if you like mild, but i personally dont care for the sound. Flowmasters sound good (i think) but dont flow all that well, and can be found on every second car with a license plate...