Quote:

Quote:

I'd go TTI route over local...nobody that I know of in west michigan that I know of can mandrel bend, nearest I could find was either by detroit or chicago...compression bent 3" necks down to the same cross section as mandrel bent 2 1/4" in a 90 degree bend.

and I've been dissappointed with local exhaust shops in the past, and they aren't cheap either...my last full exhaust, with me supplying the flowmaster Y, header flanges, and dynomax 17769 muffler (big single) was over $275, with ugly compression bends and sloppy welding (after I specifically told them NOT to weld the aluminized pipe), where the welds rusted out in 3 years...

Had a local (at the time) shop in Auburn, WA do up a custom 3" system on my '01 Durango R/T. Ceramic-coated headers to a Y-pipe through a 3" cat to a Magnaflow muff and out the back. All in the factory location, using factory hangers, and all mandrel-bent. Real nice work. Stan's Headers in Auburn, WA, FWIW. All welded together. But, it was NOT CHEAP. All tolled, I could have purchased TWO TTI setups for my RR with what I spent.

The 3" TTI on the RR was not cheap either, but I was able to put it together myself on the car in the garage, and it fit perfect. No hassles. I'd do TTI again with no hesitation.

I'd much rather pay TTI for the absolute best pipes in the country and install it myself. What ever extra it cost I'm gonna save by not taking my car to someone's shop and have them and there customers lean all over it and have them test drive it, NO THANKS.

I have had TTI for over 10 years now on my 340 car and they sound great, everyone looks and gives me the thumbs up!
My 440 car has 3" TTI on it and I kinda wish I would have gone 2.5 so it would be quiter but it runs great. Dynomax super turbos on both cars and like I said, EVERYONE asks about the exhaust. It has been the best money I ever spent on exhaust and one system is 11 years old. Drove the hell out of it this weekend.